• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sometimes you just get really lucky (Show and tell post)

sydbar81

Active Member
Have been on the lookout for a pair of ns-1000m for quite a few years now (it just seemed risky to have a pair imported. Traded my kef 105.2 for these, hurts to lose but I think a worth sacrifice

Pictures speak for themselves, grills have never been taken out of their boxes. Absolute time capsule almost perfect NOS condition.

Too bad my only amp (a-s3000) that I just bought is already in the shop for warranty repair.

Going to build a set of sp-500 clones to set them on to keep me busy in the meantime, have a nice stack of birch plywood in my shop ready to go.

Dream come true for sure
 

Attachments

  • 20220323_133236.jpg
    20220323_133236.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220323_165040.jpg
    20220323_165040.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220323_143645.jpg
    20220323_143645.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220323_143633.jpg
    20220323_143633.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 59
Register to hide this ad
Nice !!!

Love to hear the whole story of how you came to find these and the deal you made to trade the Kef's

Athanasios
 
My NS-1000M's were free... Gifts from my younger brother..

Well I am not as lucky to get a set for free.

I have the kef 105.3 as well, when I saw them posted I offered the 105.2 or 105.3 on trade and it turns out the person that owned these was looking for a set of 105s.

Ive been putting all my eggs in one basket, having been through kef 103.4, 104.2, 105.2, 105.3 (I briefly had a set of 107 I restored for a client that I enjoyed as well) the only other speakers I've owned were vandersteen 2ce signatures.

Needed a change I guess and always wanted these.
 
Nice !!!

Love to hear the whole story of how you came to find these and the deal you made to trade the Kef's

Athanasios

Per the person I bought them from he acquired them from a recording studio in 1994, afterwards he used them briefly then they were boxed. Judging by the condition they've spent most their lives in the boxes. Even the bottom sides are clean and unmarked. Was not expecting that when I unpacked them.

I know it's foolish but I didn't even look at them before purchasing so that really could have gone both ways.
 
Back
Top Bottom