• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Song You Hate By A Band You Love?

Estring

Shepherd
What hit song or signature song by a band or artist you love, do you absolutely hate?
There are three that I can think of off the top of my head:
Deacon Blue- Steely Dan. I love this band but hate that song.
Layla- Derek And The Dominoes. One of my favorite albums, but would have been better minus this song.
Free Bird- Lynyrd Skynyrd. Aaargh!
 
Register to hide this ad
For me it's ab artist, not a band.

Tim McGraw "Last Dollar" & "Back When" both just don't do it for me.

I'm a big Tim fan, can't stand those two songs... ugh lol
 
U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love). Sux sooo bad they gave it two names.
i've got a couple by u2, massive fan of all there pre 2000 stuff but after that not so good but i especially cannot abide get on yer boots off of no line on the horizon and vertigo off how to dismantle an atomic bomb, pure and obvious attempts to pander to the masses and very disappointing,grrrrrr it still makes me angry now.
 
P.S. Neil Young Young & Crazy Horse have several numbers I "skip" whether @ in-studio or "live" recording listening. But their numbers that I love, oh man are they ever effin' wonderful, some of the best (especially "live") listenin' in which one can become lost.
 
haha i like that song

I liked it a little, for maybe a "New York minute", but then (@ least in America) it played and played and played and played and...well, you get the idea. Sorta like Bowie's "Let's Dance", a number I liked a bit the first time I heard it but came to, well, dislike it quite a lot w/ repeated listenings. And no, it's not that the two numbers have in common the element of "dance"; I've listened to "Isadora's Dancers" by Elliott Murphy (album Night Life, 1976) a few hundred times and have never tired of it. Same holds for Elton's "Tiny Dancer" - never tire of it.
 
i've got a couple by u2, massive fan of all there pre 2000 stuff but after that not so good but i especially cannot abide get on yer boots off of no line on the horizon and vertigo off how to dismantle an atomic bomb, pure and obvious attempts to pander to the masses and very disappointing,grrrrrr it still makes me angry now.
In a biography I read about The Smiths the author points out that U2 was remarkably not a focus of pride for youth in the working class Irish ex-pat community in Manchester. I don't remember the particular reason but IIRC it had something to do with the general cheesiness of their self-appointed role as the Conscience Of Man. Kinda like Detroit had hippies - but Detroit would never invent something like a hippy. But yeah - Red Rocks, Boy, October - they were in my collection.
 
Twisting By the Pool- Dire Straits

William Ruhlmann of AllMusic retrospectively praised the song, calling it "the closest thing to exuberant rock & roll this seemingly humorless band had ever attempted."​

Me...I prefer their glumness.
 
Back
Top Bottom