• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Songs that have been way overplayed but...

BrentR79

Active Member
...you still love to hear them.

Name some songs that you have heard so many times you should be sick of them but for some reason you never tire of hearing them. I'm looking for songs you hear on the radio or with friends, not obscure songs that you yourself have overplayed.

A few that I thought of:

Freebird - Skynyrd
Ridin' the Storm Out - REO
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

Just never turn those off when they come on the radio.

Brent
 
Register to hide this ad
...you still love to hear them.

Name some songs that you have heard so many times you should be sick of them but for some reason you never tire of hearing them. I'm looking for songs you hear on the radio or with friends, not obscure songs that you yourself have overplayed.

A few that I thought of:

Freebird - Skynyrd
Ridin' the Storm Out - REO
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

Just never turn those off when they come on the radio.

Brent

If they are really overplayed, like FreeTURD, I will change the station. Everything else I will sit through. The only time I listen to the radio, is when I am driving, so most songs are tolerable.
 
...you still love to hear them.

Name some songs that you have heard so many times you should be sick of them but for some reason you never tire of hearing them. I'm looking for songs you hear on the radio or with friends, not obscure songs that you yourself have overplayed.

A few that I thought of:

Freebird - Skynyrd

Top of my list. It never gets old.
 
Most of the classic rock. I only listen to radio when I'm killing time in parking spot. :smoke:
 
I will actually change the car radio station when certain songs by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Stones or The Who come on because I've heard them way too many times. However, I can still enjoy these same songs in the context of their original albums when played at home on my main system.

A great example would be "Won't Get Fooled Again" which provides just the right finale for "Who's Next," but which I really don't need to hear on the radio ever again.
 
I will actually change the car radio station when certain songs by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Stones or The Who come on because I've heard them way too many times. However, I can still enjoy these same songs in the context of their original albums when played at home on my main system.

A great example would be "Won't Get Fooled Again" which provides just the right finale for "Who's Next," but which I really don't need to hear on the radio ever again.

I don't turn any of these off, as they are among the best of what is played on my local classic rock station. I do wish that they wouldn't just play the same six or seven songs from each group over and over, while ignoring the rest of their catalogs.

Strangely, I've gone years (more than ten) without hearing the Beatles on the radio. I often wondered why. My conclusion was that after the Beatles saturation of the '60s and '70s, the DJs were just sick of them. That has changed some in the last three or four years, but I can still go a week or two without hearing a Beatles song. To contrast, I hear at least one Led Zeppelin song per hour, and the Stones and the Who almost as often. "Won't Get Fooled Again" is on right now!
 
Stairway to Heaven never gets old. This marks a true Led Zep fan.

Just had that exact discussion with my girlfriend last week. She's just getting into Zeppelin and I made the remark that it was really overplayed but somehow I can listen to it every time.

As far as really cheesy songs that I can listen to every time (assuming somebody doesn't think Stairway is cheesy)- More Than a Feeling and Total Eclipse of the Heart. The last one is so dumb and over the top that I can't help but listen, and secretly love it for all it's schlock value.
 
Some good picks mentioned here. Stairway is right on the fringe of my list. Usually I'll listen to it but occasionally I'll change the station to see what else is on. Which makes sense because I'm a Led Zep fan but wouldn't consider myself a true Led Zep fan.
 
Count me out on Stairway. I love Zep, but I change the channel when it comes on. Similar to davdiddeep, I'm OK with it when I'm listening to IV, though.

I never seem to get tired of the old AC/DC songs that get overplayed for some reason. I do tune out when Thunderstruck gets played.
 
Rick Springfield----Born in the USA~~~The guy can't sing worth a $hit.

you know that was Bruce Stringbean right ? I still dislike the song and everything else he's ever recorded though.


Rush - Tom Sawyer is on my "hasn't gotten old yet" list.
 
Tom Sawyer is one of those classic rock songs that gets played a lot, but it's one of very few that I can tolerate, and enjoy.
 
A couple more I thought of from Clapton:

Wonderful Tonight - works everytime for me
Layla - at one time I was burned out on both the studio and unplugged versions, but when I heard the live version from "One More Car, One More Rider" I dug it so much that I again like the others. I even kinda like the Wynton Marsalis & Clapton version though I doubt I will ever hear it on the radio.
 
Back
Top Bottom