• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sonus Faber and McIntosh fans

That Homage Palladio Finish is quite interesting? :scratch2::yes::music:

Only 100 Guarneri, 50 Amati and 25 Strads worldwide!


Certainly not my taste. I think I'll stick with my classic finish.

the only cleaning I have done with m ine is to wipe dust off the top. besides that they still look as new and buffed as when I bought them.
 
I have been thinking about picking up some SF's for my HT/2 Channel enjoyment.

Quick poll for you guys...Would I be better off to get a pair of Domus Grand Piano's, or a pair of Cremona Auditors.

The Domus' are 3 way, the Auditors are 2 way. Also...dynamics are a concern, as they would need to be for HT left and rights, as well as stereo left and rights. I would probably be using an REL B1 as a sub. Room is only about 14 feet wide, and 25 ft deep, but I would sit about 14 feet away from the speakers. Thoughts?:scratch2:
 
I have been thinking about picking up some SF's for my HT/2 Channel enjoyment.

Quick poll for you guys...Would I be better off to get a pair of Domus Grand Piano's, or a pair of Cremona Auditors.

The Domus' are 3 way, the Auditors are 2 way. Also...dynamics are a concern, as they would need to be for HT left and rights, as well as stereo left and rights. I would probably be using an REL B1 as a sub. Room is only about 14 feet wide, and 25 ft deep, but I would sit about 14 feet away from the speakers. Thoughts?:scratch2:
What is the rest of your system like? The Cremona A's and DGP's are voiced a little different. If your system is not over the top analytical, go with Cremona A's since you have a sub. They will give you a crisper, more extended response and you will avoid the bass troubles with floorstanding speakers since you have control over you bass with your sub. If you decide to pursue Cremona A's PM me. ;)
 
To follow up, I received a response from Sonus faber about the white emulsion. It is to be used on the "leather" portion of the baffle.

It is also recommended by Sonus faber to be the right stuff for cleaning the "entire woofer, midrange, and front plate [not the diaphragm] of the tweeter."

So for those of us out there with dirty woofers, this is directly from the manufacturer.

I plan to avoid dirty woofers, midrange drivers and tweeter front plates in the first place and use it, if at all on the leather textured portion of the speaker's exterior...
 
Back
Top Bottom