• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony SS-M7 Speakers

Register to hide this ad
That's a really good price and they may be gone by now. They're really good speakers. Make sure all drivers work.
 
Use the custom google search. "Sony SS-M7" as a search string should bury you in detailed results.
 
Search for threads here in AK - a fair # of them. Many fans for these speakers - I just picked up a pair about a month ago.

They're well balanced fairly laid back speakers. If you want something that's going to immediately knock your socks off with detail, these aren't in that category. Some say they're a bit rolled off on top and I can agree with that.

They do seem to respond to different types of preamps and can sound more audiophile-ish with the right preamp. They're musical and non-fatiguing as well.
 
I would buy it in heartbeat if I find it in my area for my second rig, in my opinion that is very good price.
 
Those are a steal at $500. Way under the current going rate. I can't imagine they lasted more than a couple of hours at that price.

cubdog
 
I had a set that I just sold recently with the original boxes, stands, and so on. They are beautiful speakers and are really nice to listen to. Not hard on the ears in the slightest and very musical when paired with nice gear. The price is good depending on the "refinish" job, ideally having them original and not modified would be the best.

The M9's to me are the ticket and I picked up two sets because if and when you can get this line do it. You will not be disappointed. I agree to check for original drivers, etc... They are not easy to source and condition is key.
 
Thanks everyone,

I am going to hope they are still available. I emailed the seller, so I will find out. The annoying part will be looking for stands though.
 
Good luck, the stands are rare and hard to find. You might look on AK for the measurements to make a set yourself. The stands are great to have, but is more a collectors item I think. Last set I saw sold for about 300-400 alone, but I think the collector market really drove that up.
 
I think JohnVF used non-factory stands under his M7s, you might look to those old threads for ideas.
 
500 is a good price for a pair of working M7's with original drivers IMHO. As others have said they do seem to be a bit dependent on the gear driving them though. I push mine with a Sony STR V7 and they sound great.
Good luck. Hope you get them and they make you happy. If not you won't loose any $$.
 
500 is a good price for a pair of working M7's with original drivers IMHO. As others have said they do seem to be a bit dependent on the gear driving them though. I push mine with a Sony STR V7 and they sound great.
Good luck. Hope you get them and they make you happy. If not you won't loose any $$.
Thanks, I am guessing my N77ES will have no trouble with them:D
 
I have granite bases already cut for stands for these if you end up getting them, let me know, I'm in Central Jersey.
 
Back
Top Bottom