• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony SS-M7 Speakers

Sorry, I forgot to post, unfortunately before I left the guy told me they had been sold. So much for first in line.
 
$825 and no stands. :no: I'm not saying they aren't worth that much but that is pretty expensive. I wonder if he will get that much?:scratch2:

cubdog

He won't because he has other things that are of higher priority on the sell list. ( McIntosh MA2275, Spec 1, Spec 4, Sonus Faber Minuettos etc etc.... When I factor in how much time I spent hunting down a pair of SS-7, My time alone is worth more than what I had them up for. ( I've since , pulled the listing due to that calculation and re-orgainizing what things REALLY need to move first). I had 2 pairs ,one sold a while back and I've been on the fence about the second pair. My number was below what the Current market prices had been. and we're talking about a speaker that only shows up once or twice a year at best. Not that it automatically makes them more valuable but the basic laws of economics have some merit here.

I'll re-post them once I move some of the priority items and/or find a pair of SS-M9ed's whichever happens first.

A pair just sold on eBay for over $1100 - appeared to be in great condition though.

Mine has a small blem or 2 but , I think the Pics and recent sales of SS-M3's in the $500+ range factored into that $1100 price on ebay for the SS-M7's - The images were Great and the shipping was showing well under $50. ( the $800+ set was Local pick up only I believe).

Worth $1100? ehhh perhaps , but not due to condition alone, because :
A) They aren't easily attainable - and if someone REALLY wants a set they either need to be super patient or Ante up, The lack of availability may only be a small factor, since not everything that is "rare" is automatically a factor for Higher value. It's funny to see people try to use that as justification for a price. Soon as you see that word , you know the sales pitch BS is coming shortly after. Look at all the Audire stuff that popped up recently, That stuff is well made has a very small following and "rare" but pretty much unknown to the masses which equals , Auctions that end with Zero bids. ( can't tell the sellers anything though:) )

B) when the Sony SS-M7's are up for sale, it's typically local pickup only, and if you live on the other side of the country from that pair , no SS-M7 for you. at any price , unless you can convince the seller to ship. then that $500 DEAL quickly ramps up to $700+ or more.

C) While not the be-all , End-all for speakers, They really sound nice, The market appeal is still low, it's a Niche speaker that has gotten buzz worthy via forums and a couple of reviews. For most people it still says SONY , which is why despite all the buzz , hype and "rarity" they aren't selling for $1000+ routinely. There's no "big pee-pee" factor for owning Sony speakers, whereas other unworthy models ( LS3/5a) gets far more hype and money than they deserve. ( Kef Reference 101 is 90% of the LS3/5a and cost $1200 less on average) , no "cool guy" points for those either.

Moardie, once I get some other things moving , I'll re-visit selling the SS-M7's . if you haven't found a set by then, we'll chat.
 
Last edited:
Clearly this means I have to get my set prepped for sale. I got them with 2 missing tweeters and a blown woofer, but they should be ready to go now.
 
Back
Top Bottom