• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony St-5000FW?

Yggdrasill

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone used one of these? I've read good things on the fmtuners site. I'm just wondering if any AKer has an experience they'd like to share about this tuner.
 
Register to hide this ad
Seriously over built, wonderful sounding tuner. Built to compete with Marantz 10/20 TOTL tuners.
 
Outstanding tuner--there are threads all over AK on this tuner. Just do a search.

Ray
 
I just picked up one on eBay for my birthday. Completes my TA-2000F, TA-3200F all Sony system (also have a PS-X75 turntable and a DVP-7000 DVD/CD player). In essentially mint condition, it looks like it just came from the factory. The sound if fantastic, by far the best I've ever heard in a tuner (though I don't have much experience with other high end tuners). The build quality is the best I've ever seen. Everything inside is enclosed in its own metal box, hardly a wire to be seen. Unbelievable. According to the Tuner Information Center it was a $450 tuner in 1968. I suppose that equates to several thousand dollars today. Highly recommended, if you can find one in good shape.
 
Back
Top Bottom