• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony STR 6065….giant killer!

Beaker478

Member
Recently picked up a Sony STR 6065 for the price of a dinner for two.
I know it’s easy to look upon our equipment through rose coloured glasses.. but this is the best sounding amp I’ve had…easily trouncing my Sansui 8080DB & Marantz 1152DC.
This line of Sony’s deserve respect.
 
Register to hide this ad

Don't be lazy - I was able to highlight and copy the "Sony STR 6065" and post it within seconds, and saw multiple photos. It's fairly ordinary-looking...

iu
 
I have a 6050
Had a 6060 and a 6065
I think I liked the 6060 the best ( splitting hairs though)
I think the thing that surprised me most about the 6065 was ( I had to fix when I got)
When it first powered up I was picking up several FM stations I'm my basement with no antenna.
I agree these get overlooked in the Marantz, Sui, Pioneer, yamaha, kenwood ....conversations.
 
I have a 6050
Had a 6060 and a 6065
I think I liked the 6060 the best ( splitting hairs though)
I think the thing that surprised me most about the 6065 was ( I had to fix when I got)
When it first powered up I was picking up several FM stations I'm my basement with no antenna.
I agree these get overlooked in the Marantz, Sui, Pioneer, yamaha, kenwood ....conversations.
I have a 6050 and 2 6060s and all sound great once recapped, I had another 6050 but someone else recapped it with non audio caps and thought it sounds terrible and thin. Got both of my 6060s in the past year for under 250 off the popular auction site, well worth that price imo. Prices have already gone up since.
 
I have a 6050 and 2 6060s and all sound great once recapped, I had another 6050 but someone else recapped it with non audio caps and thought it sounds terrible and thin. Got both of my 6060s in the past year for under 250 off the popular auction site, well worth that price imo. Prices have already gone up since.
Would love to get a parts list for the recap.
 
Recently picked up a Sony STR 6065 for the price of a dinner for two.
I know it’s easy to look upon our equipment through rose coloured glasses.. but this is the best sounding amp I’ve had…easily trouncing my Sansui 8080DB & Marantz 1152DC.
This line of Sony’s deserve respect.

Why giant killer?

I wonder if you just emotionally relating to the going prices of the particular Sansui and Marantz.
 
:banana:I own a STR 6055 and it has excellent sound,construction and looks. It is on duty at our maritime museum and playing whale sounds to the visitors. Is it the best? Damn straight it is!
 
[QUOTE="Beaker478, post: 14953157, member: 287355"…easily trouncing my Sansui 8080DB

That’s what my Sansui AU-505 did to my 9090. Beautiful tone from those lower power cap-coupled units. (The 9090 has left the stable).
 
Back
Top Bottom