• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sony ta n77es

Register to hide this ad
I am sure there are... it's one nice amp! Very sought after and still commands a high price due to those large meters!
 
vfet powered I believe. I track them on that site, they are premium priced compared to their competitor (Yamaha B-2).
 
Nice systems!!! I just got my sony ta n77es last fall. Do you have a parts list that you did to your 80s? I would like to do that to mine. It had no light bar in it when I got mine, so I have to make some kind of led setup for it. When I got it I thought that the light bulbs were burned out. I heard they burn out quite often. My son of Amzilla does the same thing, but there cheap to replace in them. Just wondering if anybody else had figured out a good way to light those meters. I dying to get them lit. I been using a Sony ta e1000 preamp not to crazy about it. my apt holman is in the shop for repairs for now. Ill be glad to get it back. Thats all the sony stuff I have. I have a denon dp 2000 tt and a Yamaha px-3 Dalquist dq 10 speakers Velodyne 12 powered sub Yamaha ct 810 tuner and apt holman preamp son of ampzilla amp. I a new member here just join a couple weeks ago I wished I found this spot long time ago. everybody has great info.
 
Nice systems!!! I just got my sony ta n77es last fall. Do you have a parts list that you did to your 80s? I would like to do that to mine. It had no light bar in it when I got mine, so I have to make some kind of led setup for it. When I got it I thought that the light bulbs were burned out. I heard they burn out quite often. My son of Amzilla does the same thing, but there cheap to replace in them. Just wondering if anybody else had figured out a good way to light those meters. I dying to get them lit. I been using a Sony ta e1000 preamp not to crazy about it. my apt holman is in the shop for repairs for now. Ill be glad to get it back. Thats all the sony stuff I have. I have a denon dp 2000 tt and a Yamaha px-3 Dalquist dq 10 speakers Velodyne 12 powered sub Yamaha ct 810 tuner and apt holman preamp son of ampzilla amp. I a new member here just join a couple weeks ago I wished I found this spot long time ago. everybody has great info.

I did a recap of my N80ES except the bank of (6) 4700 80v caps that are cemented to the board. I'll get to that one day when I replace the heatsink compound. I am not using the N80 at the moment, so that project is on the back burner. As far as the lamps, I am sure there is a way to get some leds in there and then you do not have to worry. The only concern is getting the light to be evenly distributed. I would like to add a N77ES one day just for those meters! :music:

PS get yourself a TA-E77ESD or TA-E80ES preamp, it sounds much better than the 1000ESD for analog.
 
I have the Sony TA-N77ES and Sony TA-E77ES (no D) combo. I like it very much. I use it to power a pair of Sony ES SS-M7 speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom