• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Soundcraftsmen PE-2217 Schematic/Service manual

No, the board mounting to the chassis. See how it's floating, unmounted in this pic and there are no screws in the holes below "Los" and "90022"?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7247.jpg
    IMG_7247.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7246.jpg
    IMG_7246.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 11
In my unit, both top and bottom boards have little "L" brackets that are screwed to the chassis.
 
This is the top board. It's mounted to the chassis with screws that go below "Los" and "90022"


2217.2 edit.jpg
 
I feel like mine did too but can't find them and can't even figure out how they would have attached to the board originally. It's bizarre. Thanks for your pics.
 
Did you flip the board over so that the components are facing up?
Yes, I had the top board on the bottom and vice versa. I mounted the one with the brackets on top as in your picture but still don't know how on the other board a) I lost the brackets and b) how they would mount to the board anyway.
 
Ouch! Those brackets are riveted to the boards. Not sure how you're going to get it mounted without them!
 
Yeah or how the brackets aren't on the board or even how they are supposed to go on as there are no holes for rivets. I think mine was on a different way or maybe was mounted differently from yours. At least I got the 2 boards oriented correctly. Thanks!
 
I wish I could help, but I'm useless without a parts list. Sorry!
I wish you could too. I have a feeling there is no way to know what was originally used. Maybe someone that knows how to engineer/modify these units can make a suggestion that would work even if it isn't an exact replacement but will perform well????
 
I think the power supply is working fine now-I changed the transistor on it and everything works except for phono1. Phono 1 has extremely low output and randomly pops. Phono 2 works fine. The phono board is not original to the unit which explains why I can't figure out how to mount it. Whoever changed it did a terrible job soldering. I found a trace that was folded back and not making contact with one of the caps and another bad solder connection but all of the solder connections on it look horrible. I figure there can't be too many things that would cause phono 1 not to work while still allowing phono 2 to work. Problem is, it doesn't even resemble the schematics so I guess I need to source a phono board from a parts unit. If anyone has one, please PM me. In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout on Ebay. Also, is the board I'm missing identical to the one that mounts above it?
Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom