• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sparkos Labs module measurements

There are 2 caps per L&R channel, but only one 22 ohm 1/2 watt resistor in the kit. The resistor replaces RE73, a 100 Ohm resistor.

I don't think I could get away with a decent comparison, if I only do one channel first, based on the value of RE73.

EDIT: These don't say Shumacher on them, anywhere I can find:
LVyeHiE.jpg
That resistor is just for power so it wouldn't make any difference. I'm glad they got rid of the "eyesore" logo from them. These are in my Sansui 9090DB
Module closeup1.jpg
 
Went ahead and installed the Sparkos kit in my 2275 this evening.

Ovk7OS1.jpg


Recently recapped PE01:
YvSA9tM.jpg


Remove components:
IDTiO4u.jpg


Sparkos kit installed:
sAHKQZ7.jpg


Will continue testing it this weekend, it's definitely not worse, sounds cleaner, lower noise floor. Can turn up input louder now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom