• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker sensitivity

Your 434 is about 12 watts, and doesn't like 4 ohm loads, or 6 for that matter. Anything other than very sensitive 8 ohm speakers will get full round (mud) base sound real quick. It's already built into the 434. It won't pull a load.
As said the Wharfedale w70 would work. I like the w70d much better. The Kenwood KLH 777a is worth a try. The "little" acoustic suspension speakers (OLD LARGE ADVENT) ain't gonna work.
 
The sx-434 is a fine low power unit, I've got one in good shape I use for CD's and fm.

I've had it running two Wharfedale Diamond 8.3's, which aren't particularly efficient at 87 db, but they sounded very nice, and I rarely turned up the volume past 10 o'clock.

Also tried them with vintage Scott s-11's, somewhat more efficient (and larger) speakers, and got more "body", or fuller sound. Last Christmas I'd play the "Charlie Brown Christmas" CD, and it was really nice sounding.

For a relatively low 15 wpc, the 434 sounds pretty good with a variety of speakers, as long as you do not expect it to shake the walls.

Good fm tuner, too.
 
Fine example of specs massaged to create a bit of an illusion.

They don't want to be pinned down on the impedance either.

Kinda sleezy.

237628-548f0c1b-jamo_j103_bookshelf_speakers.jpg

Danish company, so they do things different. Where else have you seen "sinus effect" on the rear label, is that sleazy too lol.

Here's the rear of a more modern offering from the company before Klipsch bought them out.

Screenshot_20210227-223530.png

no sensitivity given on the back but that's not unusual.
 
Hi Guys and Dolls, a small update. I Bought a set of B&W 110i. These sound great! I can advice anyone these speakers combined with a low power receiver like my SX-434. The sound is warm, good bass and balanced. Thanks all for your comments. Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom