• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

There is a pair coming, a fellow at TAS said this about them. Should this prove out, they will be here forever. And they use drivers which don’t shatter or are Unobtanium otherwise. A pic will follow once they arrive.
“It is truly extraordinary, and it most surely shows that when it turns a hand to it, x—x can do speaker design at a level that most companies only dream of.”
 
Funny, I kinda went the other way...

replaced kappa 6.1 after many years with maggie 1.6QR, then kappa 8.1, then back to the maggies,dabbled with the Crescendo 3009, then a pair of RS IIb replaced the 1.6QR with no hesitations, and then danced with a pair of maggie2.5R for a while...then Ren 80 and 90, but both were kept in different systems;. when the delta/gammas 'fell' into my lap, I 'loaned' my rs IIb to my brother and law, and nephew, and I've never seen them again. My reason for replacing them was flawed, and it turned out the source was distorting the sound, not the emim/emits... but by then they were awa'.

after I 'sold' the delta/gammas back, the maggies(2.5 or 1.6QR) and the jbl studio 590 together weren't as good, then I found a pair of 3.7i around two years ago.

they've never moved from prime, and likely never will. Fantastic, fantastic speakers.
I gave serious consideration to the LFT-8, but I paid less used for the big maggies, (by a bit, not much).

as of now I'll die with
maggie 3.7i,
ren 80
ren 90
modulus, (no sub, or stands, sadly)

and use until they break all the various M&K speakers throughout the house. I'll never sell 'em.
everything else is for sale 'for the right price'
Very interesting. My best audio bud has an incredible system built around Maggie 3.7i's, and it was repeated listening sessions to his stereo that convinced me that I could better the performance of the RS-IIb's. That experience led to the decision to try some Maggies in my rig. After listening to them at several audio expos, I had zeroed in on the LRS+ when a pair of 1.7i's came up for sale about 2 hours away, so I took the plunge. While the IIb's had better bass, the Maggies in my setup had better mids/treble and soundstaging. At that point, I thought I was done. But just two months after getting the Maggies, another local audio friend put his pair of LFT-8s up for sale at a price that I just couldn't pass up. The LFT-8s improved on the Maggies strengths and brought good bass performance back into the mix.
 
Last edited:
Probably won't sell these if I don't have to.
View attachment 817819
Sold these. Turned out I really didn’t like them as much as I wanted to. Was a case of wanted for so long that disappointment could not be possible. Well I was disappointed. See my thread on a much more modern Onkyo speaker I have and what it took to do those right. But now those are a very top contender…after $, work and a lot of time.
 
Back
Top Bottom