• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Spring ....Any Good Thrift Store Finds?

Pioneer CT-W770

Hey Everybody!
I'm quite new around here, but I've always loved great sound. I just started scanning the GW's around here and here are a couple of finds:

Pioneer CT-W 770 Paid $3.00
DSC00348.JPG

LearJet Stereo 8 Paid $3.00
Works fine, but needs belt(already on way)
DSC00346.JPG

I've got more, but will post in different thread (receivers & components).

Chuck
 
Last edited:
Hey Everybody!
I'm quite new around here, but I've always loved great sound. I just started scanning the GW's around here and here are a couple of finds:

Pioneer CT-W 770 Paid $3.00
View attachment 147378

LearJet Stereo 8 Paid $3.00
Works fine, but needs belt(already on way)
View attachment 147379

I've got more, but will post in different thread (receivers & components).

Chuck

That Pioneer cassette deck was great value for 3 bucks,,,,i paid $4 for a Sharp POS thats filling in until something better turns up.......
 
no thrift store near me..but i did pounce on an akai gx-52 on that auction site....
£0.99p winning bid secured it..plus postage £20*ouch*
still a bargain imho..
its my second gx-52 ...a great sounding mid priced deck from the mid to late 80's and a hi-fi choice best buy in its price range..
 
Last edited:
Hey Everybody!
I'm quite new around here, but I've always loved great sound. I just started scanning the GW's around here and here are a couple of finds:

Pioneer CT-W 770 Paid $3.00
View attachment 147378

LearJet Stereo 8 Paid $3.00
Works fine, but needs belt(already on way)
View attachment 147379

I've got more, but will post in different thread (receivers & components).

Chuck
Odd. That Pioneer looks almost exactly like my Onkyo... :yes: at least the controls and the display. Just the doors are different. I can't remember the model number of it offhand, but I'll post it when I get home from work (in about another hour or so).
 
no thrift store near me..but i did pounce on an akai gx-52 on that auction site....
£0.99p winning bid secured it..plus postage £20*ouch*
still a bargain imho..
its my second gx-52 ...a great sounding mid priced deck from the mid to late 80's and a hi-fi choice best buy in its price range..

99p get in !!!!!!!
 
Odd. That Pioneer looks almost exactly like my Onkyo...

*heh* At least I thought it did. It wasn't as similar as I thought. It's an Onkyo TA-RW244. On the other hand, my receiver is a Pioneer SX-201, so I can see how I thought the styling was similar in my mixed-up mind. :screwy:
 

Attachments

  • onkyo-tape.jpg
    onkyo-tape.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom