• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SRV, Hendrix and Others on the Gayageum

Register to hide this ad
That is the most annoying and agonizing instrument in the world and perhaps the universe, but that girl is just crazy being able to play a song like that on it! Give her a gold star!
I could only listen for a minute and a half because it was giving me a headache.
 
nice post

Thanks for a cool post, I never would have never stumbled across that. She as a really refined right hand picking style. It really shows in the 2:20-2:40 section. As for annoying though....ok, maybe it dosen't caress my "western ears" the way a stratocaster does, but the talent speaks for itself. And whats up with that thing strapped on her head, is that a hat?
 
Sick bends, dude... That thing needs a whammy bar.

She knows those songs better than I do... I wonder if she can play that thing with her teeth.

Listening to Hendrix right now, actually...
 
Yeah.. uh......... ok.. I could take about a minute of it.. Props on the performance but..... that sound is... er.. uh.. interesting.. and.. whats with the HAT?
 
I wonder if she can do "Hocus Pocus" by Focus.............. "Children Of The Sun" by Billy Thorpe, maybe? ..... No?

I knew it...
 
Yeah.. uh......... ok.. I could take about a minute of it.. Props on the performance but..... that sound is... er.. uh.. interesting.. and.. whats with the HAT?

I know what you mean... That instrument always sounded to me as if the strings desperately-needed to be tightened...

Still, she's a virtuoso on that thing. If there were a place for that kind of instrument in popular music, she's probably be a session-player, and you'd see her credited on the back of album covers... You know, "So And So" on lead-gayageum...
 
I know what you mean... That instrument always sounded to me as if the strings desperately-needed to be tightened...

Still, she's a virtuoso on that thing. If there were a place for that kind of instrument in popular music, she's probably be a session-player, and you'd see her credited on the back of album covers... You know, "So And So" on lead-gayageum...

Yeah, toss in a banjo and a theremin, and you've got yourself a band.
 
Does not sound quite as good as it does on my Les Paul but she is truly a virtuoso. To be able to pull that off well on that type of instrument is incredible :thmbsp:

The hat rules :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom