• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stereo Review Magazine

Register to hide this ad
Great music articles and reviews, and a lot of educational stuff for relative beginners. Equipment reviews, not so much.
 
Julian Hirsch was a respected test & measurement guy not into subjective evaluations at all. I'd read him first to be sure I wasn't getting a lemon for an audio component in terms of reliability and good performance. Then I'd read the GESRs' reports. (Golden Eared Subjective Reviewer)
 
I subscribed for several years in the 70s and enjoyed the record reviews. I found a lot of new music that way.
 
I bought a few years of original issues from the mid/late 70’s (my coming of stereo age years) - a few years ago. Fun to go back and flip through them. Great for the man-cave coffee table (ok, beer table)...
 
I've gone back and read through several reviews recently and found that while he never threw any shade, he was somewhat circumspect with his compliments. When you read through his measurements and don't see anything about how amazing the results are, you should take note of that. He used plenty of superlatives when things really measured well or better than his unnamed reference equipment.
 
Thank YOU!

Made me think it must be something on my end.
So I thought either VPN or Adblock +.
It was Adblock + preventing me from seeing the article. Which is odd since there is no ad shown on the page.
 
I have a new cellphone and after 3 days I managed to get rid of +- 90 pct of pub pop ups
From Google and affiliated apps!
I am on www and searching through an app called Duckduck, so far no pub on AK or else...
 
Back
Top Bottom