• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stereo Stuff in a large wheeled ice chest...WOW!

Register to hide this ad
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. This guy really really quit drinking, as well as all the people who supposedly have bought one, and have been happy.
 
So he goes to junk yards and pulls stereo components and then resells them. I think every area has a guy or two like that. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. If he resells base components that means the components he uses to build these are the stuff that isn't worth selling.

It's a joke at 250 and absolutely stupid at 400.

Neat though I will admit. I do think the briefcase stereos are cooler though and the guy that builds those uses higher quality components and sells them cheaper.
 
He's got it backwards; I'd prefer a beautiful, tall audio cabinet that has been refrigerated and holds beer!
 
This is actually nothing new. There have been guys on my local CL that have been selling these things for a few years now. Kind of a dumb idea, unless you can still put ice and drinks in it, too. But, if you want tubes at the beach or camping, I guess it's not the worst way to do it...
 
I've seen these pop up from time to time in Austin. It seems like a boombox would be a better option. I can't imagine the acoustics are any good, but to each their own. For cool tunes?
 
Custom radio coolers:

http://austin.craigslist.org/eld/4351796044.html

00m0m_67Fej9ucndZ_600x450.jpg
 
I was going to say here in the Hill Country those are pretty popular with people who like floating down the river. I think New Braunfels passed an ordinance banning them.
 
This is actually nothing new. There have been guys on my local CL that have been selling these things for a few years now. Kind of a dumb idea, unless you can still put ice and drinks in it, too. But, if you want tubes at the beach or camping, I guess it's not the worst way to do it...

If you want to put ice and drinks in it, then you'd have to settle for a commercially available product for less money:

http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Cool-Fu..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1S90E27Y6DCDJNPPRGY6

bs
 
Back
Top Bottom