• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Steve Harwell, Smash Mouth Founding Singer, Dead at 56

Register to hide this ad
Wow - 56 seems pretty young to die from alcoholism.

A longtime friend of mine who used steroids for a good long while ended up losing both his testicles to cancer.

The sadness and emasculation proved too much, and he drank himself to death in only a couple years.

He died April '22, age 51.
 
Seems that being in the music business is bad for one health lately. Lots of causalities in this occupation.
 
I imagined alcoholism would take maybe 30 years of really hard drinking to kill you from liver abuse, but I guess not. Canada recently changed it's liquor guidelines from 3 drinks a day (for men) to 3 drinks a week, due to a bunch of new studies about cancer. It seemed like a crazy turnaround at the time to me, but maybe liquor is more toxic than I thought.
 
Last edited:
Being a nurse I see people die from Alcohol and cigarettes before they hit 45. The body is a very resilient machine with many backups, but it will fail if you over load it.
 
Back
Top Bottom