Hello all.
I found some Celestion Ditton 22s at a charity shop for a bargain price (untested)
Got them home and found that one woofer was "dead".
So I opened them up and had a ferret around inside.
Tested the woofer on the second speaker and it is working.
After a bit of multi-meter testing on the cross-over board I thought I had diagnosed a problem with a cap.
Then, whilst testing with some music, and with the woofer and cross-over pulled out and sitting on the speaker box, I started to get sound from the woofer - puzzled I picked the cross-over board up to have a look at it and found that when I held it vertically the woofer cuts out, but put it back horizontal and it works - and it is repeatable.
Is this just something inside a dry/dead cap rattling/rolling to and fro and making a connection only when I tilt the board in a certain way?
Haven't tried getting out the soldering iron yet
Any thoughts welcome
Thanks
I found some Celestion Ditton 22s at a charity shop for a bargain price (untested)
Got them home and found that one woofer was "dead".
So I opened them up and had a ferret around inside.
Tested the woofer on the second speaker and it is working.
After a bit of multi-meter testing on the cross-over board I thought I had diagnosed a problem with a cap.
Then, whilst testing with some music, and with the woofer and cross-over pulled out and sitting on the speaker box, I started to get sound from the woofer - puzzled I picked the cross-over board up to have a look at it and found that when I held it vertically the woofer cuts out, but put it back horizontal and it works - and it is repeatable.
Is this just something inside a dry/dead cap rattling/rolling to and fro and making a connection only when I tilt the board in a certain way?
Haven't tried getting out the soldering iron yet
Any thoughts welcome
Thanks