• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Strong contender for Ugliest Stereo Contest

Just going-on where you live Sandy;Do you encounter a percentage of these types on a regular basis? :scratch2:

Edit:To be fair,they exist here too.

Uhh, yeah, 'cept now, they're likelier to be drivin' '95 model fender-flappers...Hehehehe...
 
I just picked up some surround sound speakers. They'd go perfectly with that system -

1LJUz.jpg
 
Arkay said:
It's so tacky and kitschy, it's almost cool... you want to look at it, even as you want to avert your eyes, a bit like looking at some particularly bizarre roadkill.

If I had a theme room, I'd buy it, seriously. It is so over the top bad it nearly boggles the mind. What is even more amazing is that the company knew there were customers for it. All they had to do was get the mailing list for every household that bought plastic sofa slipcovers. In like Flynn!
 
Hey soundmotor. Is that thiNg really a speaker? I remember my aunt and uncle had one of those in there house outside st louis. The raindrops were some sort of oil
 
Sorry, that "entertainment center" is not French Provincial, rather it's Mexican Whorehouse Crib style...Many moons ago, a bunch of us used to go to Laredo for the opening day of Whitewing dove hunting season...the night before we would always go drinking in Nueva...I'm sure I saw something very similar while walking by one of the "cribs" used by the putas in Nueva Laredo's sombido 35 years ago...no, I never "partook" of this particular form of south of the border entertainment (yuck :puke:) outside of going to the nightclubs and watching the shows and that was bad enough...man, there were some UUUUGHHHH-ly dancers, if you could even call what they were doing dancing...and the 6oz. beers were a buck a pop...but you had to do it just to be able to say that you had done it...

Seeing the system in the original post, though, brought back all those memories of a time that for me is best forgotten!!!
 
Sorry, that "entertainment center" is not French Provincial, rather it's Mexican Whorehouse Crib style...Many moons ago, a bunch of us used to go to Laredo for the opening day of Whitewing dove hunting season...the night before we would always go drinking in Nueva...I'm sure I saw something very similar while walking by one of the "cribs" used by the putas in Nueva Laredo's sombido 35 years ago...no, I never "partook" of this particular form of south of the border entertainment (yuck :puke:) outside of going to the nightclubs and watching the shows and that was bad enough...man, there were some UUUUGHHHH-ly dancers, if you could even call what they were doing dancing...and the 6oz. beers were a buck a pop...but you had to do it just to be able to say that you had done it...

Seeing the system in the original post, though, brought back all those memories of a time that for me is best forgotten!!!

Aaah.Misspent youth. :thmbsp:
 
I too was thinking Mexican. It would fit right in as a sound system for one of those heavily festooned Virgin of Guadalupe shrines.
 
Remember the movie 'The Birdcage'? If this wasn't in there, it should have been! Great movie by the way.

Also, this thing could come in handy one day. Imagine showing that to your wife and asking if you can put it in the living room. Then you say: 'just kidding' and pull out whatever piece of audio equipment you really want to have. Mine would probably let me have anything as long as that atrocity leaves the house immediately :D
 
So how does it sound?

Wait wait wait... I could stuff a tube amp in there and put some EV woofers and tweets and get a sound going for my upstart pole dancing retreat for retirees.

Yeah thats it... Pole Dancing Retiree Retreat.. with tubes.

Quote: "Put a tube in it" bb 2010

Cheers,
Bob
 
Back
Top Bottom