• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Studio monitor recommendations for vinyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleach

New Member
I got rapped bought them on offer up and the guy screwed me. Any recommendations are considered. I'm really not wanting to break the bank but 200$ would be my max I think.
 
Register to hide this ad
If you can stretch your budget a bit I'd try to pick up some LSR308's, JBL's waveguide technology in these is the real deal.

I love mine, one of my better audio purchases.

Good luck with your search.
 
The older powered M-Audio BX5 monitors can be had for under $100. Freakin' awesome. I compared them against a dozen other top brands.
 
I got rapped bought them on offer up and the guy screwed me. Any recommendations are considered. I'm really not wanting to break the bank but 200$ would be my max I think.
It sounds like you are looking for powered monitors not studio monitors. The M-Audio BX series as recommended are nice solid choice. In your price range there is not much out there that are all that great. I'd stay away from KRK stuff, you see them for cheap on the second hand market, but there is a reason. Fostex makes decent low cost powered monitors that can be found in your price, and if you want to go really cheap, Edifier speakers are pretty good bang for your buck.
 
So what did you buy on offer up that caused you to feel like you got rapped? I am assuming a pair of speakers but I don't want to assume anything.
If it was a pair of speakers then you will just need an amp.
 
I'm currently using EVENT PROJECT STUDIO 6, in a minimalist set-up like you describe. The turntable/cartridge would be considered "high end" and the Events are beautiful. previously I was using (sorry for the term) hi-end passive monitors (KEF) and a hi-power amp (Meitner) — the humble Events held their own in that comparison, using a Vinyl source. They're bi-amped (separate amps for tweeter and woofer) and the amps are Class A/B.

I don't know their price used, but if within your budget I strongly recommend them. Mine were only $30 at a GW; I didn't know how good they were, but at that price I grabbed 'em of course. Their quality kind of shocked me. I also tried the M-Audio BX series, but took them back.
 
It sounds like you are looking for powered monitors not studio monitors. The M-Audio BX series as recommended are nice solid choice. In your price range there is not much out there that are all that great. I'd stay away from KRK stuff, you see them for cheap on the second hand market, but there is a reason. Fostex makes decent low cost powered monitors that can be found in your price, and if you want to go really cheap, Edifier speakers are pretty good bang for your buck.

Thank you I will take a peek at those recommendations.
 
What is viynl?........................;)

What is smugg why is everyone so concerned with irrelevant things. Sometimes people misspell things it's called a typo or a I don't care as long as you get the point. I appreciate the nothing of information you provided while trying to insult my intelligence thanks to those of you who are that way for no good reason. You ain't got an answer then keep you smugness to yourself please thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom