• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Successful 2SK214/2SJ77 Substitutes?

Geek

Nerd
Hi Folks,

Got a McCormack DNA-500 that had a "firecracker effect" failure (POP! Bang, bang, bagitty-bang, bang from the output to input). Gonna use NJW3281/1302 on the outs for the C3281/A1302, but coming up dry on the MOSFET's. Don't trust the SOA (often not listed) for the in-production types, AFAIK are only switchmode nowadays.

Thanks for any help!
 
Register to hide this ad
Those seem to be lateral mosfets in a to-220 package. The Only ones in current production in a to-247 are the exicon devices from profusion.
 
These unobtanium devices seem to have a habit of violently selfdestructing. You have a manual/schematic for it? If so you could try a similar kludge like my Denon PMA-1560 one. Otherwise you must reverse engineer a schematic.
 
Hi guys,

Figured as much :dunno:

I have a schematic from them under NDA.

@rcs16 - The TO-247 devices are different animals from what I understand and will not physically fit anyway.

@PE9ZZ - I read your "kludge".... I consider myself a ballsy modder, but on someone else's $6000 amp is a risk I'm not gonna take :yikes:

Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom