• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

Some sample T's - I like the "military green, the other is the grey.
Not sure if the dog will be the shirt color or white - TBD.
Thoughts?

View attachment 934997

I regret to say I think it totally misses the mark. While many of us might possess a gramophone as a technical and aesthetic curiosity, it is hardly what AK or our group is about.
If I had to summarize; we are folks interested in not only new gear but also the great high performance equipment from the sixties onwards. If there is a physical artifact that represents our collective philosophy, it's probably a dumpster with the Salvation Army logo on it. Not the RCA dog.

Frank C.


Here's my lousy attempt at modifying the logo:

View attachment 934489

Something along the lines of this. I'll try to make a better version of it.
-Adam

post: 10563549, member: 41196"]Researching making Frankenfest T-shirts.
What do people think of this logo?
I don't want to put a date on them but rather make them relevant moving forward.
I'm thinking the cost would probably be $12 each - this would leave a small surplus to allow for any issues (and a free one for frank) - any surplus funds would be forwarded to AK.

View attachment 934475[/QUOTE]
 
The logo isn't supposed to literally depict our specific (and wide ranging) passions but rather the enjoyment of the music.
Also, it pays homage to the badges Peter made for us in 2011.

The next one can depict an older man climbing out of a dumpster with a giant Altec speaker whilst swilling a brewski.

IMG_8833.JPG
 
Researching making Frankenfest T-shirts.
What do people think of this logo?
I don't want to put a date on them but rather make them relevant moving forward.
I'm thinking the cost would probably be $12 each - this would leave a small surplus to allow for any issues (and a free one for frank) - any surplus funds would be forwarded to AK.

View attachment 934475
Any premium on shirts for the calorie challenged?
 
calorically fortified

I need a bunch of Xs to be usable, because a Tall version would only be needed by a select vertically endowed people :-)
I cannot attend this year, but would be happy to buy one, as long as they're not white!
 
I'm also gonna say that this design does nothing for me. I don't own an Edison cylinder machine or a gramophone or a dog.
 
If you don't like this I'd be happy for anyone to submit a design idea.
I don't want this to be an exercise in "no good deed goes unpunished".
 
I like the "Nipper graphic." It is a nicely designed logo that suggests something musical (and vintage), and the shirts looked great. Still, someone may submit a better design...or a more appropriate logo. What if Nipper was holding a beer, and had an ipod under his collar!
 
It's a fine design and I'll take two XL's if and when they come to fruition. Those with other ideas - the web is full of made to order T Shirt vendors. No one is stopping you from coming to the fest with a box full of whatever design you choose. There's just no way that "design by posting approval" is going to result in anything tangible here.

Sorry to hear that we're at the end of the road Frank. I do want to thank you for hosting these wonderful events. For me, the first one helped me make the transition from web site to real people. A hugely important leap it was in this increasingly isolated and over-technological age. Well done sir (that includes Don and Jim too)!

jblnut
 
How about a picture of Frank's mill building instead of the gramophone? And a horn speaker, instead of the dog? Or something along those lines, incorporating the good memories you've had in that building.Frankenfest should be in much bigger letters, and definitely with a different font. I'm afraid you'll need someone who knows what they're doing with Photoshop.
 
Adam's brother is doing a rework - feel free to come up with a rough draft of your vision.
 
The logo isn't supposed to literally depict our specific (and wide ranging) passions but rather the enjoyment of the music.
Also, it pays homage to the badges Peter made for us in 2011.

The next one can depict an older man climbing out of a dumpster with a giant Altec speaker whilst swilling a brewski.

View attachment 935061

I made a negative comment while offering nothing positive in return, and I regret that.

So I spent most of last night asking myself: Is it possible to both reflect the preferences of individuals AND the collective interests and spirit of the group, and represent it graphically?

The answer is yes; Word Cloud.

There is much commonality in this group, and that might be represented by, for example, the words -
Frankenfest
Audio
AudioKarma
Free Stuff

Maybe toss in words reflecting the rich audio heritage of our area while expressing pride of place:
Snell
Accoustic Research
KLH
MIT
New England


If you collect certain brands of equipment throw those in:
Allison, Crown, Mark Levinson, MacIntosh, Altec, Horns, etc.

The warm and fuzzies:
Pot Luck
camaraderie
Beer
Spicy Thai Noodles
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Free Stuff
Your Name (Important!)

Everyone who contributes gets represented, and I would exhort all to contact a friend who might not log in to AK and tell them to get making a list.

The way I would envision this working is that each of you compile a word list and submit it in posts on this or another thread. Those lists would be concatenated and submitted to a Word Cloud program to fit in a chest sized shape. Colors can be picked and the result sent to a T-shirt house.

I know time is short, but if there is a desire (and there might not be) to truly represent the Frankenfest gang both individually and collectively this is a sure way to accomplish it.

At least put earphones on the dog. Or ditch the graphone and stick him in front of a pair of KLH's

Frank C.
 
Last edited:
It's a fine design and I'll take two XL's if and when they come to fruition. Those with other ideas - the web is full of made to order T Shirt vendors. No one is stopping you from coming to the fest with a box full of whatever design you choose. There's just no way that "design by posting approval" is going to result in anything tangible here.

Sorry to hear that we're at the end of the road Frank. I do want to thank you for hosting these wonderful events. For me, the first one helped me make the transition from web site to real people. A hugely important leap it was in this increasingly isolated and over-technological age. Well done sir (that includes Don and Jim too)!

jblnut

I completely agree with jblnut, particularly the second paragraph.

To Don and Jim, please accept my heart felt thanks for all your efforts, for your teachings, and your friendship.

To Frank, thank you for making sure that we, (my family included), always felt welcome and at home. I'm looking forward to see you in June.
 
I completely agree with jblnut, particularly the second paragraph.

To Don and Jim, please accept my heart felt thanks for all your efforts, for your teachings, and your friendship.

To Frank, thank you for making sure that we, (my family included), always felt welcome and at home. I'm looking forward to see you in June.

Excellent! Be great to see you again!
 
The logo isn't supposed to literally depict our specific (and wide ranging) passions but rather the enjoyment of the music.
Also, it pays homage to the badges Peter made for us in 2011.

The next one can depict an older man climbing out of a dumpster with a giant Altec speaker whilst swilling a brewski.

View attachment 935061

Didn't like it much then, but it literally got slapped together in 15 minutes. Need a logo, stat!!

Frank C.
 
OK - here's the deal, I like the logo and I've heard from others that they like it too.

We can't design a logo by committee - it'll end up looking like a dog poop with a tube sticking out of it (OK, that was my first concept).

If anyone can come up with a suitable design that's ready to go (that I like) by Friday we can go with that - otherwise I'll be going with this one - Adam's brother is cleaning up the final rendition.

I'll order a bunch (30-50) with my own money and sell them at the GTG for close to my cost with the overage going to AK.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Grumpy with permission to use the AK name on these, that could kill the whole idea.

If you don't like it don't buy it - it's that simple.
If you want a different design then you can design and find one for the next event.

Frankly I wasn't looking for aggravation here.
 
Back
Top Bottom