• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

Jeez, I'm not dead. Just resting.

FCC

Frank C.
It's a fine design and I'll take two XL's if and when they come to fruition. Those with other ideas - the web is full of made to order T Shirt vendors. No one is stopping you from coming to the fest with a box full of whatever design you choose. There's just no way that "design by posting approval" is going to result in anything tangible here.

Sorry to hear that we're at the end of the road Frank. I do want to thank you for hosting these wonderful events. For me, the first one helped me make the transition from web site to real people. A hugely important leap it was in this increasingly isolated and over-technological age. Well done sir (that includes Don and Jim too)!

jblnut
 
I completely agree with jblnut, particularly the second paragraph.

To Don and Jim, please accept my heart felt thanks for all your efforts, for your teachings, and your friendship.

To Frank, thank you for making sure that we, (my family included), always felt welcome and at home. I'm looking forward to see you in June.


LOL. Use of the phrase "end of the road" might not the best idea when addressing someone who is sick ;)

Frank C.
 
First off, Frank, you continue to amaze with your generosity and hospitality. Jim and I (and anyone else who can volunteer some time) will work to make all subsequent Fests as collegial and "Frank-like" as humanly possible!

Second, I'll take a shirt, whatever the design. And kudos to Jim for taking the initiative and putting the time in to do something extra and special for our rag-tag group. I suggest that anyone else who wants to contribute, send in your own designs for critical evaluation and then sit back and await the flood of feedback from the AK peanut gallery. Only seems fair!

9ffe9855375d420d1a05e619feb3f667.jpg
 
Personally, I like the t-shirt. I also agree that if we all get our own ideas in there it will be a total CF! If I like the shirt I buy it. If not, I don't. If I have a better idea I make my own.

I'm hoping this will be my first Frankenfest! At least I'd get to meet Frank before "retirement".;)
 
I'm in for an XL - those glasses and scarf tho

Thanks for hosting all those epic events Frank!
Thanks for all the effort in getting it done Jim & Don!
 
T-Shirt orders:
Please "PM" (or "conversation") me with your name, quantity and size desired.
Don't send money - you can pay at the event.
Cost is $12 each.
Though I should know better I'm willing to ship shirts after the event for $5 (for 1-2).
Don't send money - we'll figure that out later.

Below is approximately what the shirts will look like - I'm waiting for the final artwork.

If you don't like the design then I will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for future events - if you do like it then order a bunch!

TS-grey.png
 
I will be there . I have bunch of stuff. if you're looking for something PM me. I might have it and I'll bring it.
 
In case anyone was curious, I'd like to bring a system for everyone to experience.

Vic recently went through my Apt Holman Preamp and powered Braun LV1020 Monitors. The Brauns are a rare set of speakers with an incredibly rich and powerful sound. And they accomplish this with onboard amplification and EQ that's neither overly complicated, nor overly powerful.

If folks are interested, I'd like to set this up in a cozy corner for critical listening, preferably not the swap meet area. (Any basement space?)
 
T-Shirt update.
So far I've got requests for 24 shirts - I plan on ordering these on Sunday night so all requests will need to be in by then.
There will probably be a slight extra charge for the XX and up sizes - probably a buck or two.
I do plan on ordering a few extras but if you want one please let me know.
YHS - w1jim
 
Jim -- Thank you for creating the AK Frankinfest T Shirt. I'll be ordering a couple for sure.

As many of you know I love dogs & record players. But whatever the design, I'll be v happy and proud to wear it.

I'm looking forward to the fest. I missed the last couple.
 
In case anyone was curious, I'd like to bring a system for everyone to experience.

Vic recently went through my Apt Holman Preamp and powered Braun LV1020 Monitors. The Brauns are a rare set of speakers with an incredibly rich and powerful sound. And they accomplish this with onboard amplification and EQ that's neither overly complicated, nor overly powerful.

If folks are interested, I'd like to set this up in a cozy corner for critical listening, preferably not the swap meet area. (Any basement space?)
I'd love to hear this system.
I plan to bring a system as well. Maybe the basement as Brian mentioned can be set up as a dedicated listening area? I haven't been down there, so I don't know how many systems could be set up. I heard there's no lighting? What about power? If not, we'll work it out on the main floor, or possibly upstairs in the hall as long as that woman isn't using it again.
 
To continue system demos, I'm planning to bring the ADS L980's, with the same JVC power amp setup I had at the last meet.
 
To continue system demos, I'm planning to bring the ADS L980's, with the same JVC power amp setup I had at the last meet.

Would be interesting to see if we could A/B system to system with the Brauns...?
 
Here's my planned demo system:
Sansui AU-20000 (recently restored)
Revox B 760 tuner
dbx 3bx
Kyocera or Carver CDP
Polk Monitor 10a speakers
 
This sounds really cool. I've not been. Are non-regulars welcome? While I'm not an audiophile pro, I am very much into vintage equipment, vinyl, and CDs. I have a couple of pieces I could bring with me, including that odd 12-cassette autochanger I picked up recently. I happen to live in Central MA, so seems like something I should attend. :)
 
This sounds really cool. I've not been. Are non-regulars welcome? While I'm not an audiophile pro, I am very much into vintage equipment, vinyl, and CDs. I have a couple of pieces I could bring with me, including that odd 12-cassette autochanger I picked up recently. I happen to live in Central MA, so seems like something I should attend. :)
Not only are you welcome but you are exactly the type of person who this event suits.
See you there!
 
Back
Top Bottom