• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sunday Night FM

sunday nite

used to dig it when Henry Kaiser and Charles Amerkaninan did shows of pfa in the 80's. now just listen to kfjc which still occassionally has some kick A prgs like the Mayhem specials (today is 24 hrs of Zappa)

I heard that. Speaking of those days. I am concerned cuz at the moment it sounds like the station has lost it. Usually sunday has radio drama on from around 7p. and that seems to be off and theres rap on now,, Yikes.. :scratch2:

Speaking of KFJC.. I mostly listen to it although sometimes Fire bunkers a bit much. I would rather he not mix 4 bands together..

Well, I guess the original poster hit the nail. It's after 9p and no Joe Frank. Me thinks theres been more changes at the local Berzerkely station. Joe Frank is out of southern cali. I wonder if he is still doing a show out of Santa Monica?
 
Last edited:
joe frank used to be on KCRW during the 80's but moved up to berkeley in the end of the 80's or early 90's. he probably got canned by station manager Ruth Seymore. pacifica is really screwed up down here in LA. The fired all the old long time programmers who were not the politically correct ethnic group. one of the best shows was Tom Nixon's - "The Nixon Tapes". now I have to search the net to find decent programming. I like WEVL, in particular the Ben Vaughn Show

btw, Americas Back 40 on PFA is pretty good.
 
joe frank used to be on KCRW during the 80's but moved up to berkeley in the end of the 80's or early 90's. he probably got canned by station manager Ruth Seymore. pacifica is really screwed up down here in LA. The fired all the old long time programmers who were not the politically correct ethnic group. one of the best shows was Tom Nixon's - "The Nixon Tapes". now I have to search the net to find decent programming. I like WEVL, in particular the Ben Vaughn Show

btw, Americas Back 40 on PFA is pretty good.

Got the Back 40 on right now. Are you saying he lived in Berkeley at that time? Now I remember a really intense Joe Frank episode that I recorded back when I had an Advent deck (forget the model #) in the 80's sometime. One of the first of that era to bring hi quality sonics to a home recording deck. It had a fast forward/rewind that didn't lock down. Just held it in place and it was fast. Joe is still on sunday nites. Or, at least his recordings are. I think he is still producing work.

Speaking of the Back Forty. I used to listen to Mary Tilson of the Back Forty on KFAT Onward through the fog,, out of Gilroy Ca,, Garlic Capital of the West ,, back in the 70's. Now I be getting old but stay young in spirit..:music:
 
Last edited:
Sunday night once again and listening to KCRW's 9:00 program presenting some very kool Dennis Wilson material on my newly acquired Infinity Quantum 2's with help from a nice sounding Yamaha T-1020 tuna.
 
......pacifica is really screwed up down here in LA. The fired all the old long time programmers who were not the politically correct ethnic group. one of the best shows was Tom Nixon's - "The Nixon Tapes". now I have to search the net to find decent programming.....

I also miss KPFK's "Thursday Lunch (featuring Dear Dead Days)" hosted by old Uncle Bob......
 
Back
Top Bottom