• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX 1980 with box...how high will it go?

I've seen Sansui G33000's go for over $4,000.00 :sigh:
Pioneer is catching up ...

JM

Even without the last-minute sniping, that's a very "respectable" price for a receiver, any receiver. The 1980 is, without doubt, the "king of the hill" among Pioneer receivers, and right up there among the most desired of all receivers, period. What other receiver can command a $3K+ price? A G-33000? Maybe a 2600? Surely there aren't many. :no:

Every time I see this kind of sale, I'm just reminded of how lucky I was to get one cheaper. I'd never pay that kind of money for one (short of winning a HUGE lottery, so to speak, so money meant nothing), but I'm glad there are people out there who do.
 
Plagiarized pictures on Fleabay show up all the time. I don't think there's anything wrong with it especially when you have an identical item in specs and very close in appearance. It sure makes the seller's job a whole lot easier to use existing pictures when they can be found. Stock photos show up all the time - and they MAY not represent the condition or physical appearance of an item. I don't necessarily advocate this approach, but is it really a red flag and frowned upon? Does Fleabay have a policy stating what is acceptable listing practice and is it considered photo plagiarism?

Yes, there is something wrong with it. There are two separate issues at play here, one of ethics, and one of criminality.

First, if you take a picture, it's yours. You don't need to "file for copyright protection", it's yours no matter what. Then, if somebody else steals your property, they are guilty of violation of your copyright. That is against the law, and against eBay policy.

Second is the issue of ethics. If you post a picture that is NOT of the item you're selling without clearly stating that fact, then you are misleading the seller. Period.
 
A copied pic, a high-value item, the current seller has only been an eBay member since September, and only has one feedback.

Red flags all. :yes:

Apparantly someone else saw the flags. Another click on the link turned up "Item has been removed and no further information about item #xxxxxxxxx"
 
Back
Top Bottom