• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-650 and HPM-60 compatibility

Have you tried adjusting your mid and high level controls on the back of the 60's? I have mine set at -1 all the way around but it depends upon your room accoustics and suroundings, walls, windows, etc. Raising them up off of the floor is a must. Try to get the mids about ear level when your seated and toed in slightly to adjust for center staging. Then sit back and enjoy like I have for 33 years with mine.

I have them elevated about five inches and angled up.
No, I have not tried the adjustment knobs on the back, however I will when I get home. I might add that last night, I changed out the 1988 Sony CDP-501 for a fairly new, but inexpensive, Samsung cd/dvd player that I had in another room and wasn't using. I had just got my turntable back from the shop and had everything dis-connected, and figured what the heck, it wasn't being used at the time. I have to say the sound difference is night and day. The Kenny G cd that used to irritate my ears is completely different. If I can get that out of a dvd, player, then a fully dedicated audio cd player should make an even greater impact.

Currently looking at a Marantz CD-5001 or 5003. Good price point for me and excellent dacs.

Any thoughts. Thanks in advance

Mark
 
Back
Top Bottom