I'm struggling to get my beloved Philips DFA888 working right. The manual is inconsistent with the actual circuit around this protection IC. My problem is that it switches on its output relays way too soon, less than a second. I can only find an incomplete and very confusing (Jinglish) datasheet (attached). Now from its the internals I can pretty much figure it out but I cannot understand how the muting at poweron is performed. Is the capacitor at pin#8 slowly charging and when full triggering the schmitt trigger or is the cap between pin#6 and 7 intended for this purpose? My DFA888 is getting muted by the micro at poweroff but not poweron. The C at pin#8 would be consistent with the quick activation of the relay because it is only 1 µF (22 µF in the datasheet).
Right now it's so fast that it will go into protect because of the DC at the output. I will do some more measurements but if someone could chime in much obliged!
Right now it's so fast that it will go into protect because of the DC at the output. I will do some more measurements but if someone could chime in much obliged!
