• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Taman Shud - psychedelic surfers...

Register to hide this ad
I really like that. I never heard of them, but I'll be picking that album up. Great background story, too. Thanks! :thumbsup:
 
Tamum Shud are an iconic Aussie group.
Original releases are very scarce on the ground.
I think I've only found a few in 40 years.
I know that Lindsay Bjerre is still around and is a member on the Facebook page Vinyl Hoarders United
 
Last edited:
Yes, their debut LP (Evolution) was scarce even in the early-mid 1980s. Taman Shud's second LP, entitled Goolutionites And The Real People, was even more difficult to find and likely remains so.

Gosh, I haven't listened to either LP in over 25-30 years. Wonder if they've been reissued on vinyl or CD by now?

Checking: yes, they're available on CeeDee.
 
Wow. Never heard of these cats. I'm always a fan of tanned and fit druggies.

This line from the article is a bit Spinal Tap:

"That was before Tamam Shud became Tamam Shud. They’d started off as the Strangers, becoming the Four Strangers, and then the Sunsets..."
 
Back
Top Bottom