• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tangent RS4 speakers in NJ

Register to hide this ad
I have a pair of those in the library, driven by Cambridge Audio electronics. I like them a lot.

Somebody got something very nice for $50.
 
apparently someone did want them. listing gone now.

Guilty and happy with the acquisition.

I was almost home when I spotted the listing on my phone and called the owner, he hadn't had interest yet and I initially said I would pick them up in a couple of days. Drove 5 more minutes and called him back to see if he would meet me at 9PM as I was over an hour away. He agreed I drove over, he had graciously hooked them up to a simple receiver. I noticed that they were as described by people who know them as warm, but as I am fond of english speakers; my first real system was a Yamaha cr-640, Celestion 6s with a Denon DP-47F and I now have B&W Matrix 805s, plus having driven 50 miles, I got them. Last night I configured speaker cable with the 4mm banana plugs and will plug them in over the weekend.

They are rather big. neither a floorstander as they require at least 6-8 elevation nor bookshelves as you would need a large one to hold them. The construction is decent. I read that the magic is in the design and mating of good drivers with great crossover. Will report and post some pics as well.
 
Good to hear they went to someone who will use and appreciate them. Just out of curiousity, where were they? I'd wager they were more than an hour from here anyway but its interesting to know sometimes.
 
The 'thinwall' cabinets also factor into the sound. I have mine tilted back about 3 degrees, with small spikes set into the top plate of the stand, to isolate the speakers.

They behave very well, at small amounts of power, getting started very early, yet they seem to readily handle all the power my Cambridge Audio A500 will throw at them.

Enjoy your new speakers. Like you, I favour the British sound.
 
Good to hear they went to someone who will use and appreciate them. Just out of curiousity, where were they? I'd wager they were more than an hour from here anyway but its interesting to know sometimes.

They were in Franklin, NJ by Sparta, northwest area.
 
One T27 DOA

Interestingly how this lead me to learn quite a bit about KEF drivers and speakers in general. Still haven't found a replacement except either very high in the US or England (plus high overseas shipping) but keep looking for either a driver or a KEF that has the parts in them, just a matter of time.

The sound is very smooth, of course with only one working tweeter it sounds a bit muted. I hooked them up to my HT by themselves and I get very natural bass, enjoyable and addictive, I've been watching movies with lots of action and sound to great effect, and also variety of music; Paul Simon 1964-1993 3 CD compilation sounds very intimate, "Leaves that are green" is like he is in the room singing for a group of friends.
 
Back
Top Bottom