• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac PD-H600-Reference CD Deck-WOW!

Thanks to everyone for the reviews. I already have 2 CD players and 2 DVD players that play CDs and SACDs. The CD player I'm impressed with is the Grant Fidelity Tube CD player. However, I recently had some problems with jitter when I played music very loud. Admittedly, my speakers are too big for my room, and as the tubes broke in, the bass became so powerful it started shaking things in my room. But the Teac tray appears to be constructed of material strong enough to eliminate jitter. It's now something else I want that I really can't afford, but I admire the product and this thread. Is it crazy just to buy this thing to see if it sounds better than my Tube CD player? Perhaps. It may just take a beer to get me to hit the buy button.
 
well I may have messed up, been checking on these every few months or so waiting for them to possibly come down on cost, or catch a sale....now it appears non are for sale anywhere.....face palm.....reaching out, have you guys seen any still in the box hiding........:tears:
 
Another thing I noticed with this player-is that it sounds better if it has warmed up a bit. In fact I have left it on a few times overnight, for example, and there is a definite improvement in the sound.
Strange, and I wonder if this is unique to my player-or common with this player.

I have an CAL Icon MkII that in the owners manual specifically states that the player needs to warm up for at least an hour and will get better as it does. I've definitely noticed that this is the case.

They all have caps that need to fully charge and I'm sure the shear warmth improves current flow and signal strength/clarity. So yeah, it is a common thing for any CDP to warm up and sound a bit smoother/better! :thmbsp:
 
I bought this player about a month ago from a store that was closing because they were consolidating 2 stores. It was a brand new one for $399. As soon as I saw the box I snatched it up because I knew they weren't selling them anymore. I have it hooked up to Harbeth P3esr speakers, it sounds absolutely great. I had it temporarily hooked up to my upper end system (Dahlquist 20i speakers, Von Gaylord amps and pre-amp) and it sounded glorious. I am mixing and matching my electronics right now, so I will have to move things around a bit to get the best sound. This is a fantastic CD player, wish it had digital inputs though, but I guess you can't have it all.
 
I bought one when they were being phased out. I was so impressed, I bought a second one shortly after (and just in time) and have two of them now.
 
Back
Top Bottom