• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TEAC TN-300 Belt Drive Turntable Initial Impression and Review

I Saw and heard one in a local shop a few weeks ago and would concur entirely with the review. Teac is making some pretty nice stuff at a reasonable price point these days.
 
It has decent specification, looks to be a nice table, it's nice to see that it's made in Taiwan.
 
that S shaped arm geometry looks a bit weird. Most of the S shaped arms have the axis of the horizontal bearing perpendicular to the axis of the headshell, and at an angle to the arm tube.

Here it's perpendicular to the arm tube, and at an angle to the headshell
 
Very very nice! I had seen it advertised somewhere, just before I pulled the trigger on my Rega. I hesitated as it didn't seem to be a US market piece. Thanks for the great review. Both the USB and RCA outputs must be a big plus, you can change speeds without playing with the belt...oh man, com'on TEAC, make a semi-auto!
 
I have to agree with the others, Teac is making serious strides back into audio. This turntable is very appealing on so many different levels. I'm not familiar with the AT95E-VM cartridge, and after doing a search, there's no information at all on this cartridge. Looking forward to owner's opinion on this cartridge. I would also be interested in a comparison with the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and the Rega RP1.

Looks to me analog is making a strong comeback. I am glad to see more choices coming available for those who are looking for the best bang for your buck. :music:
 
that S shaped arm geometry looks a bit weird. Most of the S shaped arms have the axis of the horizontal bearing perpendicular to the axis of the headshell, and at an angle to the arm tube.

Here it's perpendicular to the arm tube, and at an angle to the headshell

Yea that is very weird. It's almost like they added the bent later on too close to the headshell.
Normally an S-arm bents very close to the bearing.
I guess there are many ways to draw a curve between two points.
 
Very very nice! I had seen it advertised somewhere, just before I pulled the trigger on my Rega. I hesitated as it didn't seem to be a US market piece. Thanks for the great review. Both the USB and RCA outputs must be a big plus, you can change speeds without playing with the belt...oh man, com'on TEAC, make a semi-auto!

TEAC TN-300 what I got is US market piece because it does comes with USA warranty card.

I made some YouTube video for this turntable as well.

Playing Miles Davis record In this video.
http://youtu.be/owtO2bw1PM4?list=UU7E_08CkWeP1RdinaPu6oOg
 
Last edited:
that S shaped arm geometry looks a bit weird. Most of the S shaped arms have the axis of the horizontal bearing perpendicular to the axis of the headshell, and at an angle to the arm tube.

Here it's perpendicular to the arm tube, and at an angle to the headshell

On the other hand, other vintage TEAC's seem to have the same geometry, and it's not there on the other hanpin designs, so its possible that this is a TEAC original design. after saying this, i had a look at my collection, and even my pioneer PL100 has something similar, thought not exactly the same.

I'm guessing most manufacturers had their own setup, and after years of people trying to ripoff the technics design, we've become used to it ?
 
I just saw this last week listed somewhere and I was digging the look of it.Thanks for sharing the review and pictures.It reminds me of a Music Hall 5.1 SE I had a few years ago.Really a great looking table.I want to hear what this sounds like.TEAC has been making some really nice stuff lately.I just purchased a Teac HA-P50 portable DAC/Head phone Amp a few weeks ago.Superb sound at a reasonable cost.
 
This Teak turntable is certainly a shot at the belt drive entry level market. I can't disagree with the other comments that the Teaks looks are very good. If the mechanicals equal the looks it will be a winner. Like another member commented re the tonearm I'd be waiting for performance/function reports to see if Hanpin has improved their tonearm design from prior models that proved difficult for correct cartridge alignment.
 
How do we know if it is a Hanpin or not?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Reportedly made in Taiwan and if so not Hanpin. My impressions when I saw (and heard) one fairly extensively up close was that it is unlike any Hanpin product I've seen.
 
Hanpin has factories both in Taiwan and main land China if I remember correctly from what I read on their website.
 
I'm telling you, Teac is a force to be recon with in audio. One of the most intriguing and appealing is the NP-H750 USB DAC/Network Audio Player/Integrated Amp.





This has been on my short list since July of this year when I started a thread and did not get any responses. I have yet to see any reviews on this item. This looks to be promising and worth a home trial. However, I do not need another integrated amplifier. What would really get my attention and reason to try one would be a CD/SACD/Network Audio Player.
 
Here is what I got from my TEAC table, there is no audible wow & flatter as far as I could hear.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom