• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SU 8080 relay

I am not quite sure what I need to measure, but this is what I did:
Meter set to 2V,
Black (-) probe to B, Red (+) to E, 0.660
- to E, + to B, -0.658
+ to B, - to C, 0
- to B, + to C, 0
- to E, + to C, -0.650
+ toE, - to C, 0.650
 
I am not quite sure what I need to measure, but this is what I did:
Meter set to 2V,
Black (-) probe to B, Red (+) to E, 0.660
- to E, + to B, -0.658
+ to B, - to C, 0
- to B, + to C, 0
- to E, + to C, -0.650
+ toE, - to C, 0.650
No no and no..Connect your multimeters black(neg.) test probe to the metal chassis ground. Probe the transistor leads with the red (pos.) test probe.
 
So TR 404 is good? Then what is wrong?
"Then what is wrong? " I don't know. That is why I need to see the printed circuit board solder connections for the protect circuit. Preferably a nice clear / sharp photo !!
 
Last edited:
CBEC69EB-58B7-4EC0-AFAB-E32BCCB6595D.jpeg 8F1791E1-E2D5-4A6D-8259-4673D4E9A1FB.jpeg Finally I know what those numbers in the rectangular box mean on the schematics. Even that, poking around, reading numbers and sometimes it makes sense, sometimes doesn’t.

so should I go ahead and replace TR404 with KSA992?
Thanks for all these.
 
Last edited:
Replace TR 404 with a bit of hope. And it works! The relay closes after 3, 4 seconds. Have not hooked up to the speakers yet. Not sure going to still hear the popping sound or not. At least, “we” get the relay back to normal. Thanks for all your help.
 
No pop, so quiet! The next would be changing out the speaker connectors. Not a good pic though.
 

Attachments

  • 58DC0D79-3361-486E-8759-AB999A387A73.jpeg
    58DC0D79-3361-486E-8759-AB999A387A73.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom