• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Tell it like it is, to our Guests!

Army

Addicted Member
Every once in a while I take notice of how many of us are on line as well as how many guests we have following along.

Management at AK would like AudioKarma to become not only the best audio and more, site on the net! We would like to see it grow!

So think of this as your mission: What would you tell someone who is thinking about joining us? (Other than follow our rules, please lets not beat that drum!)

What would you tell others who are thinking about joining us, that will sway them to not be shy and be a part of this great site.

Your posts can be serious, funny or a combination of both. Or maybe tell your story of what brought you here and what keeps you coming back!

Share the Karma from your perspective with our guests. This is your chance to make a audiokarmic difference in someone elses life!

Regards
Army
 
Register to hide this ad
I agree, I am fairly new to the board and I can testify to the guest they will not regret becoming a member. This is the best board I have found. The members know how to behave and play well with others. They are always willing to give advice and RESPECTFULLY voice their opinion.
 
Register, c'mon in, the water's fine, we don't bite, (much). Really, I have been extremely happy with the whole experience of AK, and recommend it highly every chance I get to anybody that has a even a passing interest in anything audio relateted. This place has something for everyone, from novice to "expert". It's not like you have to pay dues, but I would guess that sooner or later you will get the urge to donate to keep this place going. And quit trolling. :D
 
Strawman said:
Register, c'mon in, the water's fine, we don't bite, (much). Really, I have been extremely happy with the whole experience of AK, and recommend it highly every chance I get to anybody that has a even a passing interest in anything audio relateted. This place has something for everyone, from novice to "expert". It's not like you have to pay dues, but I would guess that sooner or later you will get the urge to donate to keep this place going. And quit trolling. :D
Not "trolling", lurking... I'm sure you meant to say, "And quit lurking."

Ak is rather a special place. Other than all this great information about gear, both vintage and new, music, HT, cameras, food & drink, sports, and the rest, there is one thread which ties AK together. AK is a community. The people here make AK a special place. Jump in, find your way around, get to know some of us, and you will understand. There are people, here, whom it is my distinct honour to call "Friend", fine individuals, the likes of whom are rarely found, and to be treasured when one does.

Come in, join us, and welcome. You will have to invest some time and effort, but, if you find that connection, you will have arrived at a special place. You will find AudioKarma.
 
If you join, we'll teach you the secret handshake and what it means to "racoon woogers". There can be no higher calling in life than to be admitted to this arcane knowledge. Sure, you can continue to just lurk, but think of all the things you are missing. Like why "black plates" are special, or the pivotal role that DC offset plays in your life.

As a member, you will be able to partake in snappy repartie with genuine GLFs (God Like Figures), you will have the chance to achieve mythic status in your own right, and even have a good time.

I'll bet that you can bring something to AudioKarma that will astound and amaze the rest of us. Take a chance on becoming a member, it costs you nothing, you will not receive any spam email, and you'll make new friends. It does not get any better than this. Until you learn about racooning woogers, now that's close to Nirvana. In fact, AK Fest this year is just down the road from Nirvana.
 
Hear hear! AK is one of the best boards on the Net, on any topic. Audio is a fun hobby, and being able to share it with some outstanding folks makes it that much better. So stop lurking and jump in! :)

Todd in Beerbratistan
 
Thanks for the invite. I have belonged here for a little while but really havent had anything profound to offer so I had'nt chimed in. Beside I'm sure my story is about the same as most of you. Got out of the hobby for a long time ,found the thrift shop receiver (KR-8010) and discovered how music could sound. Got hooked bought more. Found the site on a blind search for info on some other audio gear. Discovered how much the hobby has changed. Fake transistors, E-Bay scams,etc. Kind of stuck around for the education and got hooked worse. bought more . Sound familiar. :D
Rick
 
As a relatively new member, I couldn't agree more with what everyone has said so far. The incredible quantity and quality of information that is freely shared by AK members in such an open and friendly is simply amazing. I have been a hobbyist and in the electronics business for 35 years and yet I learn something new every day right here. The knowledge and the personal resources that AK members share with each other is beyond imagination.
As to the number of Guests lurking, I belong to another non audio site (www.ridgelineownersclub.com) and we have had similar discussions recently about the same topic. It is apparent that many of the Guests are actually registered members browsing or stopping by quickly without logging in. I know that there are times that I do that, much more so on the other site. Sometimes people are reluctant to log in while they are at work. :naughty:
However, for those real guests that are lurking and have not yet joined, why not do it right now? It's free with no strings attached and I promise you that you will feel as welcome as I did when I first joined not too long ago. You have everything to gain and nothing to loose! Come on in! The water is great! :yes:

All that being said, AK could use a "Membership" forum with a "New members introduce yourself here" thread. The forum could also be a place where members could go for questions about AK itself, navigation, and protocol questions.
 
:D If your gonna join, you better be ready to buy a bigger house or at least a storage shed.
 
luvvinvinyl said:
...there is one thread which ties AK together. AK is a community.

When Ernie said "thread", he meant "theme". I've spent the last SIX HOURS hunting for that master "thread"!

Oops...sorry. This "thread" is about why you should join, right? OK... there's four reasons:

1. You'll learn a lot.
2. You'll have fun and meet a lot of great folks.
3. You'll be in a good place, where no jerks are allowed to hang out.
4. Once a month, we pick a random Guest, and you have to go to Scott's (Army's) house for dinner and HE cooks. If you're not a member, this could happen to YOU.

OK, OK... maybe it's only the first three reasons, meaning community, great members and fun.

Uh oh... community... members... fun... oh damn, damn, damn, I just figured it out. THIS is the master thread! :yes:

OK, all you Guests should go join now.
 
If you've been hanging around, enjoying the posts, come on in! I never thought I'd have good friends I'd never met in person, but I've made some here (and AK Fest should soon take care of the meeting in person part).
 
no matter what your knowledge or technical abilities are, you have somthing to contribute so dont be shy. jump in with both feet, meet some compadre's, find that elusive piece of music, part or piece of gear you've been looking for, and most of all have fun.
 
Lack of audio knowledge doesn't mean that you shouldn't jump in and have some fun :)

After all, look at me..... :para: :tongue: ;)
 
When I found AK, I was at a stage in my life that I just kind of assumed I already had all the close friends I would ever have. I lurked around AK looking for information about some gear I owned (and got it BTW), and in pretty short order found that I was beginning to spend at least a little time here each day. That's when I decided to become a member, and I have never looked back.

What I've learned here about audio is valuable... But what I've learned about people, and the friends I've made at AK are truly priceless. If you're lurking and straddling the fence about becoming a member, just do it. I think you'll find the benefits go far beyond learning how to solder a cap, or veneer a case.
 
Kamakiri said:
Lack of audio knowledge doesn't mean that you shouldn't jump in and have some fun :)

After all, look at me..... :para: :tongue: ;)

And me! :headscrat The only thing I have is two ears and a love of music, and I'm here!
 
Back
Top Bottom