• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tell it like it is, to our Guests!

Kerb said:
I lurked awhile, then joined. No intros, just some questions on bi-amping..miniminal responces.

Offered to wind a transformer for someone.. left hanging.

Shared some favorite music.. ignored.

Asked about HT for a freind... Was offered some white van speakers.

Shared my odd system, asking for expert advise..ignored.

Naw, I'll go back to lurking on the rare occasion I stop in.

<lurk mode back on> :boring:
I guess I'm not the only one that's noticed this. You only have 116 posts. How can you expect to be taken seriously? I'm in sub 1000 club myself. Then you get someone with many posts that asks a question about "bathroom systems" and gets page after page of suggestions. Tell me you really need help in choosing a bathroom system; not.
 
I guess that some of these posts show that the "fit" of AK is not equally good for everyone - I did learn that there wasn't a lot of interest in a few of the things I posted about, but it certainly didn't take 1000 posts before I felt that I had fit in and made some friends. YMMV, as they say - me, I'm glad to be here.
 
I was a "lurker" for a while before I joined AK. AudioKarma is addictive. I find that I can't stay away from the place. I used to be a member of Audio Asylum until I became an AK member.

I drew the following analogy when I joined this place:

AudioAsylum is like attending Church with your audio-buddies.....not a bad thing!

AudioKarma is like attending a beach-barbacue with your audio-buddies....not a bad thing either!

Well, I chose the everlasting beach- barbacue as my "hang-out"
All that's missing is the scent of burning hot dogs! :D

Some really great people populate this site. Without AK I would have never come into contact with Dr*audio, who happens to live pretty close to me. Dr*audio is one of Ak's most respected technicans, along with echowars & a few others. As a matter of fact....AK is populated with people with all kinds of various skills in many different fields and are almost ALWAYS willing to offer sound constructive advice in the "Off Topic" forum.

Yes, Audiokarma is THE place on the internet to hang-out/read/discuss the WHOLE WIDE world of home entertainment be it stereo, TV or whatever.

Don't be afraid to ask what you may think is a stupid question....I've ask my fair share! I've never gotton jumped or insulted for it., Uh....mildly ignored maybe :D ......but never pounced upon!

C'mon and stay awhile. Don't take off your shoes!.....you're at the beach now!

Russ
 
motorstereo said:
Then you get someone with many posts that asks a question about "bathroom systems" and gets page after page of suggestions. Tell me you really need help in choosing a bathroom system; not.

I do all my bathroom music accapella, though I can occasionally accompany myself with a wind instrument. :D
 
motorstereo said:
I guess I'm not the only one that's noticed this. You only have 116 posts. How can you expect to be taken seriously? I'm in sub 1000 club myself. Then you get someone with many posts that asks a question about "bathroom systems" and gets page after page of suggestions. Tell me you really need help in choosing a bathroom system; not.

Replies to posts have nothing to do with who authors them, or their post count......a lot of times you just have to either make the title interesting enough for people to read, or just catch the right person online.

Not all of my started threads get replies either, or sometimes they don't go the way you want or expect. Just part of life sometimes.
 
Kamakiri said:
Replies to posts have nothing to do with who authors them, or their post count......a lot of times you just have to either make the title interesting enough for people to read, or just catch the right person online.

Not all of my started threads get replies either, or sometimes they don't go the way you want or expect. Just part of life sometimes.
This is a great forum no doubt about it. There is however a direct correlation between post count and replies though. Would a newbie get 4 pages of replies to a "help with a bathroom system'' post? Let's not kid each other. Probably would get some replies but I'm sure they wouldn't be the ones he'd be looking for. This thread topic is "tell it like it is to our guests". If I told guests otherwise I'd be lying to them in this particular area.
 
VinylHanger said:
I do all my bathroom music accapella, though I can occasionally accompany myself with a wind instrument. :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 
It should be about quality not quantity.

That said, my experience here has been absolutely wonderful. Everyone has been cordial, good natured, generous with help and information. At times a bit antsy but I have those moments too. And most often downright hilarious. I've been a member less than a year and have amassed way to much stuff thanks to you all. Hopefully one of you will start a support line soon for us who are have become complusively addicted.

So thanks to all those that make Audiokarma happen!
 
motorstereo said:
This is a great forum no doubt about it. There is however a direct correlation between post count and replies though. Would a newbie get 4 pages of replies to a "help with a bathroom system'' post? Let's not kid each other. Probably would get some replies but I'm sure they wouldn't be the ones he'd be looking for. This thread topic is "tell it like it is to our guests". If I told guests otherwise I'd be lying to them in this particular area.

I don't think it has to do with that as much as it does with relationships. The longer you're around, the more friends you make, and the more your friends want to see what you have to say.

Just comes with hanging around, or happening on the creation of a thread that you have in common with somebody else.
 
Would a newbie get 4 pages of replies to a "help with a bathroom system'' post? Let's not kid each other. Probably would get some replies but I'm sure they wouldn't be the ones he'd be looking for. This thread topic is "tell it like it is to our guests". If I told guests otherwise I'd be lying to them in this particular area.

Maybe not, but a newbie like myself might get 5 pages of replies on a diy record clamp thread that I started.( I will get around to that project soon)

Some threads I have started, I have got few replies, some a lot more. I think it just depends on the topic and who is online.

I have found this place an enjoyment to come hang out, ask questions, answer any if I can and to just have some fun.

Cheers to AK and it's members. :beerchug:
 
Kerb said:
I lurked awhile, then joined. No intros, just some questions on bi-amping..miniminal responces.

Offered to wind a transformer for someone.. left hanging.

Shared some favorite music.. ignored.

Asked about HT for a freind... Was offered some white van speakers.

Shared my odd system, asking for expert advise..ignored.

Naw, I'll go back to lurking on the rare occasion I stop in.

<lurk mode back on> :boring:

There's been many times that I have posted without ever getting a response. It doesn't bother me. I did see your post about that Copland ceedee you purchased. I'm not familiar with Copland's music but I appreciated the post nonetheless. Next time I'm in a music store I will now consider buying some Copland. Anyway, keep your chin up and stay around.

Cheers
 
Last edited:
I read many posts I don't reply to. Not posting something has more to do with either not knowing, does not interest me or I just have nothing to add. Has nothing to do with the number of posts by the original poster. Fact I usually don't even look at post count unless its to remind them to use the search function.
 
I've had nothing but possitive answers and tons of help from this forum. Yes, this should be the #1 audio site on the web.
 
Threads get buried quickly around here, I read most of them, and as stated, if I have nothing to add, I don't waste the bandwidth. Except for that one thread about never ending or something....kinda got sucked into that one. I've posted a few that don't get responses, but am prouder of my thread killing abilities. I think I'm running about 68%. I really don't pay attention to post count much. :D
 
**** now ya went and killed this thread to. Your forever banished to banana land... :banana:
 
I try to do my part and look back to posts from days ago and if see some with no
posts but the original or maybe just 1 or 2 I try to post something constructive to
make the poster at least feel someone saw it and cared.

Just trying to help out like I have been. Sometimes it takes a while to be accepted
and find a core group of buddies on a site where you tend to hang out.

I tend to hang out in the speaker forum and tube forums more then other places so
I've come to find some like minded individuals and converse with them quite a bit.
But there are many great forums around here and I try to hit them all.

The longer you hang out you'll find friends and some good discussions.
 
I'm one of the FNG's here. I joined after lurking for a while & deciding it would be 'safe' to pose questions & contribute some of my experiences without getting completely torched. I had tried this at a couple of other sites in areas of personal interest to me, where I quickly realized that the people there didn't really want to know anything, they just wanted to think they did. That's not the case here. It's great (and interesting) to be opinionated: it's the civility here that makes the difference.
 
Back
Top Bottom