• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Best Logo or Trademark

Change the have to had for Adcom? Mine's busted and had become a has-been - but it did have enough power to ruin one pair of woofers.
 
I'm way late to this thread, and several I really like were already mentioned upthread: Sansui as seen in my avatar pic (of course) with and without the Kanjii characters, and the older variant S wrapped around the transformer core. The newer 1987 logo has grown on me, but still heavily prefer the classic script. It just looked classy.

Kyocera is another great one from a purely graphic design standpoint. Pioneer from circa 1972 with the then new stylized logotype added alongside the tuning fork/omega mark was a killer logo, and I was actually kind of pissed off when they dropped it for the current one. Alpine is one that has remained unchanged for a long time, and still looks good, but in a retro way now. The old Alps logo inside the oval is another neat one, but I couldn't find an image to post.

The Luxman L is so simple yet so cool, as is the Nakamichi logo, both were well done by whoever designed them. I've long liked the Cerwin Vega CV mark that looks like a speaker driver facing upright (C for the cone, V for the basket). The classic 70's Kenwood logo was another great one, the present day one adopted sometime in the 80's is boring.

One I didn't see mentioned yet was the classic Toshiba script logo:
72041855.jpg
The 1963-92 NEC logo:
free-vector-nec-logo2_090610_NEC_logo2.png
And the vintage (60's-very early 70's) Akai logo:
Akai logo.jpg
Tangentially related to audio products for their many semiconductor parts without which much hifi gear might not have been built, and more recently ADC/DAC IC's, is Texas Instruments:
ti-logo-95cd40a246c54d48ad1eb4c1dd62bacc.jpg

Since I'm a keyboard player, I'll drop these here as well, as they have been important to much music I've both played and listened to:
roland2015-logo-for-system-500.jpg s-l300.png logo.jpg

It's funny, being born in the 70's and growing up in the 80's I do get a little bit nostalgic for the the RCA and Zenith logos of the era (RCA still being unchanged even now), even if most of their products had turned to cheap discount store crap by the time I was in high school.
 
Having owned a bunch of stuff for 60 years, I would say Mcintosh, Ampex, Neumann and Telefunken. But will have to agree for reminding people what sound is all about it is the RCA logo that's the best.
 
Some of you might remember Nautilus Records.

IMG_5767.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom