• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The evolution of a basement listening room and building acoustic panels

I'm surprised none of my fellow nerds has asked about the chair. Usually by the second page someone wants to know where you got it. Sitting in mine as I type.

Nice room by the way, good work. I hope you spend many hours in there.
 
Great work and results @lokerola!
Ya done good.
No doubt! But you did a great job and it looks great.

Thanks all!

I'm surprised none of my fellow nerds has asked about the chair. Usually by the second page someone wants to know where you got it. Sitting in mine as I type.

Nice room by the way, good work. I hope you spend many hours in there.

It's a knockoff I bought about 5 years ago. It's comfortable for about 2 hours. After that, my back starts to hurt a bit. I think I bought it from urbanfurnishing. It's so long that I'm not 100% where I bought it from, LOL!

I have a second Eames replica that's probably from the 50's or 60's. It's pretty cool, and it's a rocker. But the foam is worn out and the leather is beat to heck. One day I'm going to try and restore it. I think it will be more comfy than the newer replica.
 
It's a knockoff I bought about 5 years ago. It's comfortable for about 2 hours. After that, my back starts to hurt a bit. I think I bought it from urbanfurnishing. It's so long that I'm not 100% where I bought it from, LOL!

I have a second Eames replica that's probably from the 50's or 60's. It's pretty cool, and it's a rocker. But the foam is worn out and the leather is beat to heck. One day I'm going to try and restore it. I think it will be more comfy than the newer replica.


Nice. Hope you are able to make that restoration happen. I think a good chair should be considered part of your system. It's hard to have an enjoyable listening experience when you're distracted by an uncomfortable perch.

Mines real, but I probably wouldn't have it if it weren't for the employee discount.
 
Back
Top Bottom