• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The joys of homeownership!

So I go out to move the wash to the dryer, and what do I see? Water from the bottom of the washer.

OKAY! I whispered "sweet nothings" into its ear. Crossed my fingers. Hope this works.

Want to lay any bets?


Figure out how to get the front off ( probably a video on youtube ) .
I'll bet it's the hose that runs from the drum to the pump.
I had a machine where it rubbed against something and wore a hole thru it. I bought one online. Easy enough to replace, it was right in front.
 
Figure out how to get the front off ( probably a video on youtube ) .
I'll bet it's the hose that runs from the drum to the pump.
I had a machine where it rubbed against something and wore a hole thru it. I bought one online. Easy enough to replace, it was right in front.
Thanks! I'll check it out.
 
My longest living appliance = Sharp Carousel R-4A48 microwave. Bought Sept 1996. Still ticking.

89e54a1f-2055-4c75-bce9-e2102e6a5376.gif
My longest appliance is a Hot Air Popcorn popper. We got it as a wedding gift in 1979. We use it about every week.
 
Replaced (just me) my decking last summer. This is about 1/2 half of the deck. Pretty tough work for a 73 year old. My father in law and I built this a long time ago. The icing on the cake was pulling a zillion spiral nails from the 30+ year old 2x6s and then getting rid of the boards.IMG_0834.jpeg.
 
I still have (and use occasionally) a blender that was also a wedding gift, in 1972.
I have a Sunbeam Egg Cooker that was my grandfathers and it still works and gets used every 2-3 weeks (it can make hard/soft or poached). He made me soft boiled eggs with it when I was 3 years old, and now I'm 68 ! The top is made of Bakelite and is very heavy.
 
I have a 50's, pull handle Fridge that I still use for beer and overflow from the main fridge when my wife runs outta space. :) I "inherited" it from a lawn customer that I began cutting their lawn when I was in HS. I was out of college at the time, not sure of my direction, cutting 100 or so lawns - truth! - trying to figure it out... they were moving to the Eastern Shore of MD, so she offered me a few things if I could move them. Super great family, almost grandparents to me. I carted that bad boy out to my truck, down a couple sets of steep stairs thru their back yard on my hand truck with a ratchet tie down wrapped around the whole thing, took it home, plugged it in, and have been using it ever since. Circa 1995 for my use.
 
I burned up the motor of my early seventies gifted Osterizer blender
I noticed how hot the airflow out with my blender just making a smoothie. I drugged a bunch of holes in the back to let it breath. I think it helps keep the motor temp lower.
 
I noticed how hot the airflow out with my blender just making a smoothie. I drugged a bunch of holes in the back to let it breath. I think it helps keep the motor temp lower.
Interesting !? Pray tell what kind of "drugged" holes^^^ did you use ?!
Me thinks you may have been a victim of sloppy auto correct, or maybe you`re still celebrating the new yr. ! HA !
 
Interesting !? Pray tell what kind of "drugged" holes^^^ did you use ?!
Me thinks you may have been a victim of sloppy auto correct, or maybe you`re still celebrating the new yr. ! HA !
I guess I spelled drilled wrong enough for auto correct to make that change or if ai was involved that thing is on drugs.

But the pattern of holes I drilled would make one think I was on drugs using the drill.
 
Got the LEDs sorted. Took a little longer than I would have liked, but new brick is installed and everything is put back together. The office/mudroom/workout area is back to normal. Time for beer and football! ;)
 

Attachments

  • 20260104_135246.jpg
    20260104_135246.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 16
I went to the bathroom this morning, and two of the four ceiling LED lights are out — the inner two pair. Remove the two, clean the connections, and apply Deoxit, a very familiar routine for tube electronics in winter. ;)

Put them back in, no light. Try the switch a few times. Still unlit.

After I bought a new set of LED lamps from Amazon and returned to the bathroom — I was surprised to find all four lit again.

Things like this seem to have such a feminine personality!

Well, now I know the inner two are in series...

8de5e49c-d229-4080-97e8-ab880e0627b6.gif
 
I went to the bathroom this morning, and two of the four ceiling LED lights are out — the inner two pair. Remove the two, clean the connections, and apply Deoxit, a very familiar routine for tube electronics in winter. ;)

Put them back in, no light. Try the switch a few times. Still unlit.

After I bought a new set of LED lamps from Amazon and returned to the bathroom — I was surprised to find all four lit again.

Things like this seem to have such a feminine personality!

Well, now I know the inner two are in series...

8de5e49c-d229-4080-97e8-ab880e0627b6.gif
If bathroom`s showering humidity tends to cause crusty light bulb/fixtures connections over time, a trick I`ve successfully used in such environments, is after making sure that the socket and bulb`s base are free of corrosion, I apply a very thin film of silicon electrical type grease over the bulbs screw in base after making sure the bulb/fixture function properly prior.
Using cotton swab(s) with the silicon grease applied make these corrosion preventive tasks easy.
Also works great for any outside light fixtures & laundry room`s fixtures, as well.
 
If bathroom`s showering humidity tends to cause crusty light bulb/fixtures connections over time, a trick I`ve successfully used in such environments, is after making sure that the socket and bulb`s base are free of corrosion, I apply a very thin film of silicon electrical type grease over the bulbs screw in base after making sure the bulb/fixture function properly prior.
Using cotton swab(s) with the silicon grease applied make these corrosion preventive tasks easy.
Also works great for any outside light fixtures & laundry room`s fixtures, as well.
Yes! And the change in weather (these things often happen on the first hot and first cold days).

Deoxit is your friend! They're still working! :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom