• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Official KEF R107 Owners Registry

I have an extra set of KEF woofer surrounds, which I purchased maybe 8 years ago, never opened the box.
Do these types of surrounds last pretty much indefinitely, in sealed packaging? Just trying to decide whether to sell them vs. "stock" them...as I have no need for them, yet.
 
Just picked up today a set of KEF 107. Serial #3823 in what I believe is Rosewood. Not a scratch on them!

But, Kubeless, as well as missing one metal mesh screen for one of the mids. Now I'm on the hunt for both.

Want to A/B test these against my AR9.
 
I just have to say I know these speakers are good because I'm often amazed at how they sound, and only one of the two speakers is playing music!
Unfortunately I have a "sick" KUBE - and I've had it for awhile...it just has a loose connection inside, and I've been too busy to fix it...all I have to do to fix it is wiggle the input/output cables in the back and the other speaker comes to life...

But just now I was listening to Jon Batiste's "Black Mozart" and was thinking how great they sound...and then wondered...wonder if the left one is even playing?...NOPE, it wasn't. Still sounded great with just one.

'Bout time to get the KUBE fixed, though!
 
My Kube does the same thing. Like you, one of these days I’ll get around to fixing it. The speakers still sound great without it.
 
I just have to say I know these speakers are good because I'm often amazed at how they sound, and only one of the two speakers is playing music!
Unfortunately I have a "sick" KUBE - and I've had it for awhile...it just has a loose connection inside, and I've been too busy to fix it...all I have to do to fix it is wiggle the input/output cables in the back and the other speaker comes to life...

But just now I was listening to Jon Batiste's "Black Mozart" and was thinking how great they sound...and then wondered...wonder if the left one is even playing?...NOPE, it wasn't. Still sounded great with just one.

'Bout time to get the KUBE fixed, though!
I tore mine open and found the woofers need new surrounds. Have them ordered, along with the inner "donuts" that also need to be replaced.

These are some of the most complicated drivers I have ever seen. Cannot wait to get them up and running.

Also, still on the lookout for both a Kube107 and a mesh screen for one of the mids. Anyone have any leads?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom