• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Kevin Ayers, John Cale, Eno, Nico
June 1, 1974
Island Records [1990]
1974

With Robert Wyatt and Mike Oldfield
Live @ the Rainbow Theatre - London - June 1, 1974
 
America - Here & Now (Disc 2 Live)


511mPmi29lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
 
Heaven & Hell - Live from Radio City Music Hall

heaven_and_hell_-_live_at_radio_city_music_hall_by_ale1.jpg

As exquisite a "metal" recording as one can hear. Difficult for me to imagine another assemblage of musicians, much less three sexagenarians and a young buck of 50, delivering a live performance of such power and intensity. The lads' rendition of "I" @ this performance is terrifying.
 
As exquisite a "metal" recording as one can hear. Difficult for me to imagine another assemblage of musicians, much less three sexagenarians and a young buck of 50, delivering a live performance of such power and intensity. The lads' rendition of "I" @ this performance is terrifying.

Yea I like it. :yes: Pretty good SQ (for a metal concert at least) and solid performances. I also have Live Evil but the SQ is pretty bad imo.

Have you heard "Neon Nights: 30 Years of Heaven & Hell"? http://www.amazon.com/Neon-Nights-Years-Heaven-Wacken/dp/B0043E8Y5M/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_b It seems to be more of the same as the above, but it's on my list to get anyway.
 
... also have Live Evil but the SQ is pretty bad imo.

I'd agree. Dio, in particular, is markedly distant in the mix...some say a purposeful result on the part of a pissed off Iommi.

Have you heard "Neon Nights: 30 Years of Heaven & Hell"?

The H&H performance @ Wacken was superb, period. That Dio was -- what!? -- 64 years old at the time of that performance is incredible. BTW, the SQ of the Wacken Festival performance is excellent, so hie thee to Amazon and procure, my son.
 
I'd agree. Dio, in particular, is markedly distant in the mix...some say a purposeful result on the part of a pissed off Iommi.

Yea, I've heard that too! lol

I haven't heard the remastered version but I don't expect it to be much better (could even be worse if it was overdone).


The H&H performance @ Wacken was superb, period. That Dio was -- what!? -- 64 years old at the time of that performance is incredible. BTW, the SQ of the Wacken Festival performance is excellent, so hie thee to Amazon and procure, my son.

Lol, sounds great! I'll have to order that then. :yes:

There's a lot of various live Sabbath material thrown in on some of these new deluxe reissues of their albums too. So much to keep track of!
 
Two-disc Collectors Edition.

This version adds "Golden Hours" and "Fat Lady.." which were not included on the original release.

Whacked-out treatment of The Kinks' "You Really Got Me" is a brilliant detour in the middle of "Miss Shapiro". David Lee Roth, go stand in the corner!!!
 

Attachments

  • 220px-801_Live_cover.jpg
    220px-801_Live_cover.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 8
This version adds "Golden Hours" and "Fat Lady.." which were not included on the original release.

Fat Lady is the best tune on the disc, too bad it's not on vinyl.

I'm listening to perhaps my favorite official live album of all time.

John Cale - Circus Live

John-Cale-Circus-Live-389283.jpg


Pablo Picasso was never called and asshole! Hah!
 
Back
Top Bottom