• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

Genesis: Back in New York City (from Lamb Lies down on Broadway)

No other song burns brighter and harder.
 
Led Zeppelin:
Battle of Evermore (for you LOTR fans)
No Quarter (Song Remains the Same).....Page at his BEST!
No Quarter (studio version) very trippy especially if your speakers can move some air!!
In My Time Of Dying

Damn!! I gotta take the kids to school.......
 
Juke box hero - foreigner
Riviera Paradise - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Lenny live at the El Mocombo - Stevie Ray Vaughan
I've never loved a man - Aretha Franklin
The night time is the right time - Ray Charles
Got to Get You into My Life - Beatles
Fiddlers Green - Tragically Hip
Borrowed Tune - Neil Young

So many others will add more
 
not sure

Is that a solo work by Jorma? What genre?
Genesis appeared on Jorma Kaukonen's first solo effort, entitled Quah. But I know it from a best of Jefferson Airplane album entitled Flightlog. Not sure who does the vocals. Amazon says "The opening "Genesis," a poignant ode to his failing marriage (recorded on Valentine's Day), is perhaps his most touching original composition" I would say it's blues/folk.
 
Somewhere over the Rainbow by Izrael Kamakawiwo'ole

For the creepy chills
Laurie/Strange Things Happen, Dickie Lee
 
To Lay Me Down - Grateful Dead
I have a live version of this song from 9-18-90 that was sung for their recently deceased keyboardist (Brent Mydland). The energy and soul in Jerry's singing (espicially) at the end of the song) stands the hair up on my neck and definitely sends chills down my spine.
 
'Ball & Biscuit' - The White Stripes

It's how I discovered the Blues.

Still gets me ramped up every time I hear it.
 
Back
Top Bottom