• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

None of my old favorites get me quite like The Pat Methany Group's:

Tell It All - First Circle Album

So May It Secretly Begin - Still Life Talking Album

I can listen to these over and over and.... Just ask my family :D
 
"Look My Way" by The Vels. Right after the sort-of rap thing that she sings, going back into the chorus towards the end.
 
Irish Tune from County Derry, aka "Danny Boy", preferably Percy Grainger's arrangement for wind band.

"Auf Ersteh'n". Last movement of Mahler's Second Symphony. Thirty-five years of listening to this, and it still...I can't describe it.

Greg
 
It would be a toss-up between Connie Francis' "Where the Boys Are" and Mel Carter's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me". Guess I'm just a sucker for a ballad with a key change in the chorus!:tears::yes:
 
Neil Youngs "You are like a Hurricane" --screaming Telecaster that goes on forever. That, and it it reminds me of a horrible breakup I had back in my youth in the 70's !!!
 
Joan Baez, early Dolly Parton, Judy Collins, Nat King Cole, Lucinda Williams, Percy Sledge, Roy Orbison or Linda Ronstadt on Blue Bayou; any group of people singing "We Shall Overcome". Any of those can induce euphoria.

Plus, anytime I hear George W Bush speak, the hair on my back stands up, and my blood runs cold.
 
Damn near anything sung by Damien Rice, particularly "Delicate". Guys got a gifted voice.

Then of course Radiohead always seems to do the chill instigating for me. Hauntingly beautiful, I have several different versions of Radiohead's impressive mix of lyrics and horns on "Life In A Glass House"...

Once again, I'm in trouble with my only friend
She is papering the window panes
She is putting on a smile
Living in a glass house

Once again, packed like frozen food and battery hens
Think of all the starving millions
Don't talk politics and don't throw stones
Your royal highnesses

Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat
Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat
Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat
But someone's listening in.

Once again, we are hungry for a lynching
That's a strange mistake to make
You should turn the other cheek
Living in a glass house

Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat
Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat
Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat
But someone's listening in.
 
Creeps like me- Lyle Lovette (one of the most underrated songwriters out there)

This song is just.. perfect.
 
The intro to Money for Nothing, Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one. Just turn it up and your hair will literally stand up and a shiver will flow down your spine.
 
Back
Top Bottom