• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

Amazing Grace. By Hubert Laws. A flute version that is more haunting than any bagpipe :tears:.
To be played at my wake (in the far distant furture, God willing).
 
Joan Baez-Blessed Are...
John Lennon-#9 Dream
George Harrison-All Things Must Pass


Dumont-First with the finest in television.:yes:
 
Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East: In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed. Also Hot 'Lanta.

Carlos Santana: Europa, from the Live in Mexico City album (Sacred Fire). Oh, Man! Also 'Jingo'....those drums fire my blood!

I get chills just thinking about those cuts!
 
Tool - (various)
Tori Amos - Mother - (Little Earthquakes)
Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely - (In the Aeroplane over the Sea)
 
Nick Drake - "River man".
Danny O'Keefe: "Just Jones".
Richard Thompson: "Sweetheart On The Barricade".
Laura Nyro: "Christmas In My Soul".
The Clash: "London Calling"

Forster
 
Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters Ive written,
Never meaning to send.

Beauty Id always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I cant say anymore.

cause I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.

Gazing at people,
Some hand in hand,
Just what Im going thru
They can understand.

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end,

And I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.
Oh, how, I love you.

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters Ive written,
Never meaning to send.

Beauty Id always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I cant say anymore.

cause I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.
Oh, how, I love you.

cause I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.
Oh, how, I love you.
 
Amazing Grace. Esp. played on bagpipes, but just about any version will do it.

A Day in the Life - from Sgt. Pepper
 
marieke-Judy Collins-Whales and Nightingales
Moody Blues-Nights in White Satin
Through her eyes-Dream Theater
Also Sparach Zarathustra-Richard Strauss.
Added:
One-U2
Rush-Afterimage
 
The only "song" I can think of is "I Can't Stop" by Otis Rush.

There are, however, a whole bunch of classical pieces that send the shivers.

My favorite example of that is Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg.
 
Rush ~ Afterimage from the 1984 release Grace Under Pressure

Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon

I remember
How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
I hear the voices

We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
I see the footprints
I remember

I feel the way you would
I feel the way you would

Tried to believe but you know it's no good
This is something that just can't be understood

I remember
The shouts of joy skiing fast through the woods
I hear the echoes

I learned your love for life,
I feel the way that you would
I feel your presence
I remember

I feel the way you would
This just can't be understood...

Everytime I hear this it sparks the memory of all those in my life who left this world to soon or have just left it and are no longer here to talk with or hang out with.


If these lyrics don't touch you and move you I don't know what would.
 
Back
Top Bottom