• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

Rush ~ Afterimage from the 1984 release Grace Under Pressure

Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon

I remember
How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
I hear the voices

We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
I see the footprints
I remember

I feel the way you would
I feel the way you would

Tried to believe but you know it's no good
This is something that just can't be understood

I remember
The shouts of joy skiing fast through the woods
I hear the echoes

I learned your love for life,
I feel the way that you would
I feel your presence
I remember

I feel the way you would
This just can't be understood...

Everytime I hear this it sparks the memory of all those in my life who left this world to soon or have just left it and are no longer here to talk with or hang out with.


If these lyrics don't touch you and move you I don't know what would.

Me neither. I had forgotten that song, for some reason......:sigh:
 
Me too.

And her version of "At Last" gives me the chill factor. Not just the lyrics but her soaring vocal.

In fact I like to use the At Last CD to test new equipment. Her vocals are a good test of how well equipment can handle highs and midrange.
This performance blows me away everytime!:thmbsp:

A few more while I am here:

Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" from the 1966 concert.
Just about anything from Billie Holiday.."God Bless The Child","Solitude"
George Jones-He stopped loving her today
Elvis Gospel music - I Believe, He touched me
Elvis - If I can dream
Tony Bennett - Once Upon A Time. I also saw him perform "Fly Me To The Moon" at the Orpheum in Memphis a while back. No mic and he just filled the place with his powerful voice..chills
Gary Morris - "O Holy Night" - also John Berry's version

Also gives me chills, for a different reason - "One" by Metallica
 
Talking Heads - Heaven: I know that it's supposed to be a sarcastic commentary on consumer America (or something like that), but something about the chorus, "Heaven/Heaven is a place/Where nothing/Nothing ever happens", is oddly comforting, especially if you've gone through a lot of change recently.

Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me: Everyone's been where this song is talking about. It gets me every time.
 
Spine chillers'

Who Want's to Live Forever----by Queen
Be Still My Soul----by Iberia

Between the chills and tears they are washing--to the Soul.
 
Though I don't care for any of her other stuff Sinead O'conner nailed it with : "Nothing Compares 2 U"

It is hard to imagine that that dude with the symbol name wrote it but I guess anyone can feel the pain of lost love.
 
Lots of fine ones listed so far
not sure if chills and tears are the same
But Hasten Down the Wind pretty much rips me apart

---------*********--------
She tells him she thinks she needs to be free
He tells her he doesn't understand
She takes his hand
She tells him nothing's working out the way they planned

She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
So he's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind

Then he agrees he thinks she needs to be free
Then she says she'd rather be with him
But it's just a whim
By which she hopes to keep him on the limb

She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
So he's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind
---------*********--------

I believe I prefer Warren's Version, Just him at the piano where you can hear the gurgle in his voice
 
Toss another few out here
Sarah McLachlan- Angle(live Version off KFOG Live from the Archives 11)is REALLY sweet*
Mindy Smith-Come to Jesus

The soundtrack from Braveheart-what is it about bagpipes





*if you're a bay area AKer and have some of the earlier volumes of Live from the Archives, PM me please
 
Hooverphonic - Magenta

Longing for winter
Longing for cold
Bike ride through the snow
Blinded by darkness
Summer flows to the cemetery slow
 
Amazing Grace. Esp. played on bagpipes, but just about any version will do it.

A Day in the Life - from Sgt. Pepper

One more: "Runway" by The Hang Ups. Just ran across it while digging through some old CDs for something 'new' to listen to. It's a catchy, pop-ish tune. I just love the sound of the bass - solid bottom but crunchy on top. And the jangly guitar and harmonized vocals sound really sweet. It just hits on those magic, trancendent nuances that make music so wonderful.
 
Hooverphonic - Magenta

Longing for winter
Longing for cold
Bike ride through the snow
Blinded by darkness
Summer flows to the cemetery slow
I forgot how good that song was. Inhaler is probably my favorite by them. I'm listening to them now. :)

Waly Waly by Eva Cassidy is one that really sticks out in my mind. It's on the Eva By Heart album and she put so much feeling into that song that it's almost scary to listen to.
 
There is so much out there that qualifies.....

The 4th movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony. So beautiful. I think if I heard it in person I would start crying simply because it is so beautiful.

had to pass on this post initually. Listened to bunch of stuff today. The Mrs is in Arizona and I just worked 6 days straight. Moved the Poineer CTF 9191 out of the shop system to the livingroom while she's gone. Too many questions like "why ya doing that?" Been listening to the 9th the last couple of weeks. Decided to test out the 9191 and make a cassette for the truck. Yes it is Beethoven's 9th Synphony. Its all good but the 4th movement rocks! Funny when released this the first three movements were praised and the fourth was crticized. What do critics know anyway?:screwy: I make a Christmas CD off my vinyl every year. Next Christmas we be my fifth year. Gets harder every year. Got some real surprises this year. Will close it with the 4th movement "Ode to Joy" My version is with George Szell and the Cleveland Orchrestra. Got all 9 Symphonies on Vinyl for $5. :thmbsp: "its all good!!!"

Eric:music:
 
I still miss Someone

There is a song we sing in church called "Come To The Water" it is a bluesy gospel song,I actually sing along.This is the reason attendance at catholic churches have declined.

A
 
''Once I was a soldier" by Tim Buckley on his "Hello Goodbye" album.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
The Fletcher Memorial Home by Pink Floyd-- it gets me every time.


I just heard it on a twice-played vinyl (the final cut). THAT hit me like a ton of bricks. Brilliant.
 
When Ian Gillan does those primal screams (yowls?) in Child in Time I find it to be affecting. Trying to think of others with more depth... I like Springsteen's I'm on Fire. Well maybe that isn't so deep either. For some reason, J Cash's Solitary Man sounds really vividly good on my current setup. Seriously it's like a seance or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KnTAdfdcWI&feature=related

Another good title for Child in Time would be "can YOUR lead singer do this? Yeah didn't think so. Kiss our ass"

Another one just thought of: Joni Mitchell's Songs to Aging Children Come, haunting harmonies
 
Though I don't care for any of her other stuff Sinead O'conner nailed it with : "Nothing Compares 2 U"

It is hard to imagine that that dude with the symbol name wrote it but I guess anyone can feel the pain of lost love.

"That dude with the symbol name" is one of the best song writers and musicians that has ever graced the planet :yes:

He goes by Prince again now, by the way...
 
Back
Top Bottom