• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

"this is usually a really long song, but we're going to play it kind of slow tonight"
Southern Man - live version off of CSNY Deja Vu

I know it is not the best, but I just absolutely, 100% love the guitar work they do in that song.
It honestly does send chills thru my whole body....
 
Claude Debussy -
La cathédrale engloutie, prelude for piano
Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune

Antonín Dvorák
Symphony No. 9 In E Minor, 'From The New World' II. Largo

Fleetwood Mac -
Hypnotized (From before those idiot broads ruined them)

Sinatra -
Summer Wind

Procol Harum -
Whiter Shade of Pale

Rachmaninov -
Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini

Pink Floyd -
Shine on you Cazy Diamond
Breathe
See Emily Play
Comfortably Numb

Joe Jackson -
Slow Song

Ravel
Daphnis et Chloé (all of it)

Foreigner -
Girl on the Moon
Juke Box Hero
Waiting for a Girl Like You

Journey -
Who's Crying Now

Simon & Garfunkle -
The Boxer

Artful Dodger -
Dandelion

David Bowie -
All The Young Dudes

Traffic -
Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
Mr. Fantasy

Blind Faith -
Can't Find My Way Home

Tennesee Earnie Ford -
16 Tons
How Great Thou Art
Oh Holy Night (his is the definitive version)
Any of his Christmas Hymns

Clannad -
Caislean Óir
Wild Cry
Blackstairs

Renaissance -
Ashs are Burning
Song for all Seasons

Dave Mathews Band -
Crash into Me
Too Much

Loreena McKennitt -
Mummers' Dance
Highwayman (a wonderful treatment of the old poem)

Patricia Barber -
Crash

Grand Funk
I'm Your Captain/Closer to Home

Simple Minds -
Don't you (forget about me)

Gordon Lightfoot -
Edmund Fitzgerald

Paul Gross -
Robert MacKenzie


Dire Straights
Walk of Life


Oh, yes, and I forgot:
Cars -
Drive
 
Last edited:
Lots of great music send a chill down my spine, make my neckhairs erect and puts a tear or twenty in my eyes....

Wings - Mull Of Kintyre Do that to me,
and
Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
and
The Beatles do that do me with many songs

Johnny Cash certainly... (live @ san quentin)

Certain WHO albums and videos (damn, i cant get enough keith moon!!!? what a character! amazing!)

Judas Priest/Rob Halford, Steely Dan, Mary Black, Rainbow (Temple Of The King, damn, can you really turn the volume up LOUD ENOUGH on that song?? even eleven aint enough on that one.. same with "catch the rainbow)...

I`m easily "touched" by music... thats why I love music so much.. It can be a melody, lyrics.. dual lead gitars etc... awesome RIFFS... I have no problem admit i`m a musicaholic and that certain music makes me behave in a way I prefer to not display to just anyone :) thats what late night listening are for (after the family "have left the building") ;)
:banana:

:screwy::rockon:

This is an example of "young'uns" paying respect to excellent musicians !!
Check It Out ! :)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=5098167
 
Last edited:
Just a few off the top of my head:

Summertime / Janis Joplin
Wharf Rat / Grateful Dead, Dick's Picks, Vol. 3, 5/22/77
Jack Straw / Grateful Dead
Okay, the Grateful Dead list could go on forever, so I'll stop there.
Into the Mystic / Van Morrison
I'll Be Seeing You / Jimmy Durante
Just about every song on Promise / Sade
Long Black Veil / Dave Matthews Band, Listener Supported
Crying and too many other songs to list / Roy Orbison
 
In no particular order:

Deberah Harry - Calmarie
Hush Arbors - Rue Hollow
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Black Sabbath - Solitude, Planet Caravan
Simon & Garfunkel - El Condor Pasa
Bob Dylan - Visions Of Johanna- Live 66, - Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands
Fleetwood Mac - Songbird
The Doors - Crystal Ship
Joni Mitchell - Circle Game
Th Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows
U2/Pavoratti - Miss Sarajevo
Velvet Underground - Jesus,- Here She Comes Now
Ted Nugent - Sasha
Gratesful Dead - China Cat/Rider 8/27/72 Best version ever
Beck - Nobody's Fault But My Own
 
Literally anything Jimi Hendrix (specifically All along the watchtower, The Star Spangled Banner, and Little Wing

and

Big bad John - Jimmy Dean
 
The William Tell Overture.


I have a couple of Telarc reordings of this on CD. When I have the Altecs running loud, there is no substitute. The goosebumps start at the top of my head and run straight down my back.

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald has never given me chills. I can either listen and appreciate, or just cry. I've never actually heard this song on a good system and I'm not sure I want to.
 
Luciano Pavarotti - Ava Maria - play it at Christmas - cranked - fortunate to see him before he passed - I am not an opera fan by any means - but Luciano had a set of pipes!!
 
OK Guys, the original thread was 'Sings that send shivers up your spine...' And certainly my list devolved into simply "Songs I just adore"....

Back on track guys. Let's aim at songs that stop you in your tracks and bring you too your knees.... Absolutely no Yoko Ono. Also, if you can, tell us why...

My short list:

Joe Jackson -
Slow Song (The mornful wail just exhaustion and need, just nails me)

Pink Floyd -
Comfortably Numb ( The feeling in my soul while healing from the death of my wife )

Mike and the Mechanics -
"In the Living Years" (Good one ugornot, I adore my father and the thought of losing him...)

Simon & Garfunkle -
The Boxer (Brilliant poetry that I can sing... and well too)

Tennesee Earnie Ford -
Oh Holy Night (his is the definitive version)

Joe Jackson -
Slow Song (reminds me of my wife, now dead)

Paul Gross -
Robert MacKenzie
(I remember Paul's heart wrenching description of the final minute of the Robert MacKenzie as it floundered on Six Fathom Shoal (seporate from the song) and the refrain: 32 down on the Robert Mackenzie)
 
Back
Top Bottom