• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Texas Garage Stereo

Y'all have some pretty nice garage gear.

I'm sporting the Hello Kitty boombox here on the west side.

Oil, grease, fish guts? No problem.
 

Attachments

  • fish2.JPG
    fish2.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 689
NOW you're talking! :thmbsp: Get far enough from downtown and the Ship Channel and the air is actually breathable. :yes:

It's still quite muggy in my neighborhood being that I'm only a few miles from the water. BTW i just noticed one of the Fisher speakers are starting to come apart. Oh well, some duct tape will fix it!:D
 
Somehow, I fear those speakers are going to get a boot through their grills one day.

This is the kind of thing I like:

516EATK8D2L._SL500_.jpg
Does that Bosch deal sound OK? I have no reason to believe it isn't durable, my Bosch drills, saws, and other powered tools are a testament.
Y'all have some pretty nice garage gear.

I'm sporting the Hello Kitty boombox here on the west side.

Oil, grease, fish guts? No problem.
I dunno' about the Hello Kitty box but if it works for you and you keep getting a stringer like that, I wouldn't change a thing.

NOW you're talking! :thmbsp: Get far enough from downtown and the Ship Channel and the air is actually breathable. :yes:
Word....when I was on the Channel (1970's, Sims Bayou and South) we couldn't use the seawater toilet on the boat because severe skin burning was the result. Talk about having a bad case of Redass,..... lol.:D

You Texans haven't mentioned the Blue Northers, yet. One of the wierdest meterological phenomena on the Planet, IMO.
 
Does that Bosch deal sound OK? I have no reason to believe it isn't durable, my Bosch drills, saws, and other powered tools are a testament.

I dunno' about the Hello Kitty box but if it works for you and you keep getting a stringer like that, I wouldn't change a thing.


Word....when I was on the Channel (1970's, Sims Bayou and South) we couldn't use the seawater toilet on the boat because severe skin burning was the result. Talk about having a bad case of Redass,..... lol.:D

You Texans haven't mentioned the Blue Northers, yet. One of the wierdest meterological phenomena on the Planet, IMO.

Nice working man's portable. Back in 2000 when I worked as an electrician, we had a DeWalt portable stereo. No CD player, just an analog tuner and tape, plus a charger for the drill batteries. We seriously dropped that thing off the roof of a grocery store and it still worked.
 
Mine looks something like this:

SONY-CFS-W338-CFS-0.jpg


Unfortunately the power has been out in my garage for the last couple of months, so I've been mostly listening to the car stereo while I'm there.
 
Another TX Garage System

Recently found a Marantz 4300 on Graigs List and using a set of donated AR4x Speakers and Technics SLPD8 CD unit. Sounds ok at less than 50% of volume. At greater than 50% I suspect the speakers are being overdriven. I know the speakers have the original surrounds and AR tells the rating of the 4x as being up to 100watts. I would not think the 4300 is even peaking at 100watts with the gain pointing straight up (50%)
Anyway, that's the garage system. The in-home system is not Marantz ... rats.
 
Y'all have some pretty nice garage gear.

I'm sporting the Hello Kitty boombox here on the west side.

Oil, grease, fish guts? No problem.




Those are beautiful looking tuna!

Nice reds, too!


I'll take one of each with some pecan rice and a nice Chardonnay, please.
 
I am an inspector for TXDot - care to explain where the Speed Limit sign came from? Those signs cost the State of Texas (taxpyers) $175 ea to produce. Can I come listen to your garage setup?
 
Thread Revival

Updated my garage system from last year. Tossed out the crappy Fisher speakers and found a crappy pair of JVC speakers getting tossed out at GW. So....I put those in garage duty, took a pair of Realistic Optimus 1000 and Optimus 50s and wired all three in series to the crappy Sony all-in-one stereo. Now I can definitely hear the music when I'm mowing and doing yard work in the hot ass and humid South Texas summer.

Once again, could care less if the receiver fries. I can always get another crappy receiver. It's the garage and I don't care. Plus, you gotta dig the Jim Morrison poster. There's also framed posters of Scarface and Carlito's Way that has too much glare from the light.

2011-08-04213659_Friendswood_Texas_US.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom