• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Walking Dead

qdrone

Music is my mistress
Anyone catch this on AMC Sunday night? I think they have another winner here. Not for the screamish,very graphic violence but if you like Romero's zombie movies you will like this. No big names in the cast which is to my liking,it is very well done.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
If I'm not mistaken, Ian Anderson's (from Jethro Tull) son in law is in this. I kinda remember him talking about it at his show on Saturday night.
 
It was a bit slow at times, but I trust Mr. Darabont to deliver good entertainment. A lot of it was setup for what's to come, I'm sure.
 
It'll be kinda neat to see Hot Lanta overrun w/Zombies...'Course they WON'T show what a bang-up time the rednecks from all around would have pickin' 'em off..."Hey Billy Joe Tom Bob, see dat one over dere-Looks like Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane ?!? Watch THIS..." KAPOW !
 
I thought Rubicon drug along to but seemed to speed up towards the end. I hope this moves a tad faster than that did.
 
I missed about the first 10 minutes but found myself hooked even though it is a pretty tired subject matter. Thought the ending was pretty good with him stuck and a voice coming over the radio.
 
It'll be kinda neat to see Hot Lanta overrun w/Zombies...'Course they WON'T show what a bang-up time the rednecks from all around would have pickin' 'em off..."Hey Billy Joe Tom Bob, see dat one over dere-Looks like Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane ?!? Watch THIS..." KAPOW !

That's what SHOULD happen but won't because the powers-that-be are trying to make it so that basically only their bodyguards, law enforcement, military, and rich folks have guns. Everytime some walking piece of crap(zombie?) shoots somebody, the media tries to make guns out to be the problem. The fact of the matter is if guns weren't around, something else would be used. Someone determined to raise hell just doesn't care about police, the justice system, or consequences :no:.
That said, I love zombie stuff(good zombie stuff). George Romero's recent stuff is horrible(no pun intended) so The Walking Dead is a welcome change.
 
I never been fan of "Zombie" movies but,
I saw the trailer, and has an interesting concept. I will buy it online tomorrow. :thmbsp:
 
It'll be kinda neat to see Hot Lanta overrun w/Zombies...'Course they WON'T show what a bang-up time the rednecks from all around would have pickin' 'em off..."Hey Billy Joe Tom Bob, see dat one over dere-Looks like Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane ?!? Watch THIS..." KAPOW !

This concept isn't new, it's the premise for the computer game, "Redneck Rampage'. Aliens come and turn a lot of locals into zombies, which you (it's a first person shooter type game) try to kill. Great fun. Of course, it is set in the sticks, not a metropolitan area.
 
Are we forgetting 'Left 4 Dead' and it's sequel, 'Left 4 Dead 2'? Both are stress-relievers for me. ;) (If you play, let me know...I'll look for ya). (Side note: as a L4D player, I keep looking for a hunter, or boomer, or smoker to pop up on his solo ass and end the whole thing pronto :)).

I love a good zombie movie, but a series is going to be a tough nut to crack. And with 'The Walking Dead', thus far there isn't a character that I give a hoot about. And with civilization wiped out, we have the incredibly unlikely coincidence of the main character's law enforcement partner, his wife, and his son all escaping the fate that befell the vast majority of mankind. On top of that, the partner had apparently somehow convinced the deputy's wife and son that he was deceased, or 'turned', and begun an affair with his 'ex'. Too contrived and distracting.

And the scene, with the sad music playing, where the deputy apologizes to the 'thing' in the park before he puts a bullet in its head, had me laughing out loud. All I could think was 'Who's the Bozo who wrote this corny ****?'

I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it improves. I hope it does, as it is certainly an original idea, but I think they got the wrong writers for this. Prove me mistaken, AMC...
 
Saw it and overall thought it was alright. The main character seemed a little slow on the up take especially when it came to the last ten minutes of the show. As for the main characters best friend... Horrible acting and his fake southern accent made it even worse.

Hopefully the plot will get a bit better.
 
Oh...and did they really wreck a classic GTO Judge at the beginning of the episode? The bastards!!
 
I really liked this show. But then I occasionally like to indulge in this sort of mindless type of subject. Its good Sunday night viewing for me, "Boardwalk Empire" followed by "The Walking Dead". I don't watch much TV as most nights if I'm home I'll be listening to my Vinyl. But Sunday nights I like to be home infront of the tube relaxing before Monday back to work.
 
You can win a walk on zombie role. Watch the show, I think they give you a code you use to enter online or some such.
 
Back
Top Bottom