• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

This cat has earned his/her keep!

Register to hide this ad
The dog was blindsided by the cat, which resulted in an instinctive retreat. If the dog had seen the cat coming, things might not have worked out so well for our fuzzy hero (then again, a pissed-off cat can be a real handfull for most any dog, so who knows). Just glad that things turned out OK for mini-human and feline.

I did post a comment asking why mom checks on the boy and then takes off...seemed odd. Should have grabbed the kid and headed indoors, but she leaves the wounded and bleeding youngster to escape under his own power.
 
Last edited:
She probably panicked and ran to call 911-but I agree with your statement--I thought the same
 
The dog was blindsided by the cat, which resulted in an instinctive retreat. If the dog had seen the cat coming, things might not have worked out so well for our fuzzy hero (then again, a pissed-off cat can be a real handfull for most any dog, so who knows). Just glad that things turned out OK for mini-human and feline.

I did post a comment asking why mom checks on the boy and then takes off...seemed odd. Should have grabbed the kid and headed indoors, but she leaves the wounded and bleeding youngster to escape under his own power.

She was heading around the truck because the dog was coming back around the truck
 
kool cat but i wonder if the little boy teased the dog in the past or provoked
this in some way ?
 
The dog was blindsided by the cat, which resulted in an instinctive retreat. If the dog had seen the cat coming, things might not have worked out so well for our fuzzy hero (then again, a pissed-off cat can be a real handfull for most any dog, so who knows).

Its a 8 month old lab/chow mix. For sure it has no confidence as a puppy, so backing down from a cat doesn't surprise me. I find the story incomplete -- its really young for heavy prey drive or fear aggression, I suspect the dog was chronically teased at home or out in the neighborhood. Doesn't matter if the kid who was attacked was the teaser, all kids start to look the same to a teased dog.

.dew.
 
That boy looks all of three, how much teasing could he have done. Either way I would assume there are leash laws by the look of the neighborhood.

4 years old, autistic. Dogs play off humans, any behavior that is out of the norm can encourage strange behaviors in reaction.

I'd be very interested to hear the full story. Doubtful we will get the entire picture, easier for the media to give us the superficial version and we won't learn a thing. Its not so much about blame, as understanding. Dog attacks are preventable, and not every dog attack is from some cage fighting pitbull either.

I can't tell you how often people I approach me and my 17lbs killing-machine fox terrier (heeled at my side) and proceed to do one of two things:

1) look panicked and walk straight at him.
2) look panicked and walk around us out on the street.

Both actions encourage aggressive dog behavior.

.dew.
 
Back
Top Bottom