• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

This is really strange.....

Tiver, no Metheny is not new to me although I haven't heard all that many of his albums. I have a copy of Offramp, which I really like a lot, and for the moment will do more listening on Tidal to find some more records that I may want to get on vinyl though. Thanks!
 
Tiver, no Metheny is not new to me although I haven't heard all that many of his albums. I have a copy of Offramp, which I really like a lot, and for the moment will do more listening on Tidal to find some more records that I may want to get on vinyl though. Thanks!

American Garage has been one of my favorites for 40 years. Then there was a really incredible, IMO, live from European tour "The Road To You" The opening of the record begins with the crowd chanting very much like they would at a European futbol match which is followed by a really charged up rendition of "Have You Heard" that carries a tremendous base line. It's a real treat to listen to (for me anyhow). I suggest a litle additional clockwise rotation on the ol' volume knob should you venture....:thumbsup:
 
Tiver, thank you for your suggestions! It's always nice to hear about stuff like that and I am indeed venturing....I can hear a digital, for now, version. That is what I use services of a digital sort for due to ease of use and access to about anything you want to hear. Later, if I really like stuff, then I go about procuring the vinyl version. Thanks again!
 
Vinyl of "The Road To You" is going to be running into the Benjamins :eek: if one can find it. Fortunately the digital copy is terrific
 
Though these misprints used to add value, the Discog's Congress (user forums...lol) now deem them defective and worth less (at least they like to say so) than the normal pressing (who knows). I have a SRV Texas Flood with no printed label on the 2nd side, just blank. I've never seen or read about another one.
 
I have a pressing of Genesis "Foxtrot" with side one pressed on both sides. I mean, at least it's the same album, but the first time I played it and turned over to Side 2, I thought, "Boy, this sounds awfully familiar..."

I have Buffalo Springfield's "Again," two side ones. Side one and two labels. First time I played it, I kept flipping the darn record for side two. I was thinking, "Damn! Too much Cerveza, again."

:)
 
Last edited:
the Discog's Congress (user forums...lol) now deem them defective and worth less (at least they like to say so) than the normal pressing (who knows).

Hey Haji, interesting to note that. I'm not all that familiar with Discogs but do have an account. Can you point me to where they discuss these things on the website, as provide me a link? I would like to read more about that.....thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom