• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD 126 MK3

You need a special stylus for playing 78 rpm records, and need to modify the VTF and the antiskating settings in the tonearm, at least. That tonearm is a bit on the light side for very good 78 rpm records trackability.
 
Thanks for all the input; the seller of the TT lent me a NAD preamp that does the trick. Sound quality seems good but he needs the preamp back. Looks like I'm in the market for a preamp now! At least it's cheaper than trying to repair the receiver here in Switzerland...any suggestions optimizing sound quality/$$$ ? How about the Cambridge Azur 551P?
I had the Cambridge 551p and liked it quite a bit. I only stopped using it when I switched to a tube phono stage.
 
Ideally, no, as guiller stated above. I am no expert with 78's but I would use a 78 stylus with a heavier tracking force. On the up side, the stylus is inexpensive at around $65.
 
Back
Top Bottom